Executive Pastry Chef
This job has now expired
Founded in Germany 110 years ago, Kempinski Hotels has long reflected the finest traditions of European hospitality. Today, as ever, Kempinski is synonymous with distinctive luxury.
Located in many of the world's most well known cities and resorts, the Kempinski collection includes hotels in the grand manner, pace-setting modern establishments and older hotels of individual charm. All blend gracefully into their surroundings and offer luxurious accommodation, superb cuisine and unrivalled facilities - complemented by impeccable service.
An enchanting Landmark that’s a wonder to behold for all who venture through its magnificent gates. Fairytales comes to life as your senses are treated to an extraordinary and unforgettable experience. Breathe the air of luxury that fills every corner of this serene paradise. Feel the promise of a majestic experience fit for a king and deserving of an emperor.
The Emirates Palace boasts 302 superior rooms and 92 magnificent suites, each combining the ultimate luxury with 22nd century technology. We feature over 12 Food & Beverage outlets, where all cultures of cuisines meet and create a blend of exotic flavors.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Executive Pastry Chef is responsible for the seamless operation and administration of pastry and bakery and to create and produce the possible pastry and bakery products in the region.
The areas of duties include:
- Managing the production, costing and quality control of all pastry and bakery aspects for the hotel.
- To train and supervise a brigade of pastry chefs, bakers and chocolates
- To develop profitable concepts and promotions for the hotels restaurants
- Working with the Executive Chef and Purchasing Department to source the best possible ingredients to produce the highest possible quality pastries and bakery products
- Maintain and comply with the hotel’s food safety management and Haccp system.
Your experience should include:
- 5 years experience in a similar position in a 5 star hotel or high profile restaurant or pastry kitchen
- Degree or certificate from an accredited culinary school or college
- Extensive experience in running a pastry and bakery kitchen
- HACCP or other internationally recognized food hygiene accreditation
- Have a good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good managerial and people management skills
- Creative and well-structured
We are looking forward to receiving your application and a recent photograph.