Full job details
Jumeirah Restaurants is dining at its best! A company of multiple and successful restaurant concepts developed and licensed globally.The noodle house: The noodle house, a vibrant casual dining restaurant where happy chefs prepare aromatic South East Asian dishes within minutes over an open flame and in full view of the guests. Diners feel at ease in the cheery, communal, atmospheric buzz that is typical of a popular Asian street stall. In keeping with the unpretentious, streetwise ambience, diners simply tick their choices on an order pad and hand it to their server. While food is served quickly - indeed, diners are often surprised at just how soon their meal arrives - it is also light years away from the standard concept of ‘fast food'. How it started The noodle house is the flagship restaurant of Jumeirah Restaurants LLC. Launched in 2002, the brand has gone from strength to strength with 21 restaurants across the globe. Our continuous expansion includes agreements with franchise partners across the Middle East, Europe and Asia. The Inspiration The noodle house draws its inspiration from the crowded streets of South-East Asian cities such as Hong Kong, Shanghai, Bangkok and Jakarta. People are drawn to the vibrant atmosphere of the noodle house. It is a restaurant where chefs whip up aromatic dishes within minutes over an open flame, right before their guests. Seated at long communal tables amidst the hustle and bustle, talking to complete strangers is not uncommon. The experience is a unique combination of wholesome food and an energetic ambience that very few restaurants have been able to match. The noodle house was the first restaurant brand to be developed and is the flagship of Jumeirah Restaurants with licence agreements already signed in eleven countries globally and will grow exponentially over the coming years. We are always looking for talented and passionate Outlet Managers who are driven by working in a bustling and ever expanding outlet in Dubai but also the GCC.About the role
- Monitor food standards to ensure consistency of food in all UAE noodle houses to noodle house standards.
- To help formulate new recipes with the executive chef for menu launches and promotions fully cost.
- Conduct operational audits including line checks and hygiene checks regularly.
- Responsible for the performance and welfare of the chefs, carrying out appraisals and performance management.
- Implement cost saving initiatives and assist each outlet chef to run food costs within the budget.
- Support recruitment and be part of sign off process for new hires.
- Conduct taste panels for partner products and sign off approved dishes.
- Ensure 100% compliance to the APL in the UAE.
- Keep partner APL up to date
- Assist with management of supplier base in the UAE with Group central purchasing
- The implementation and compliance of any new operating procedures or processes.
- To interact with outlet managers and other departments within areas of responsibility to ensure smooth running of the kitchen and build relationships.
- To ensure that all health and safety procedures, emergency and fire procedure are strictly adhered to.
- To ensure that the standards set by the company's policy and procedures regarding personal hygiene are maintained by all kitchen colleagues.
- Maintain approved product list (APL), making sure it is accurate at all times.
- Supporting partners for menu changes and suppliers. Ensure they are all following APL.
In order to be considered for this role, it is essential that you have and can demonstrate knowledge of Asian cuisine and also menu development experience. Competencies for this role will include, strong influencing skills, assertiveness, be a results driven person, excellent business english and have the ability to coach and lead.
You should also be able to:
- Takes a pro active approach to looking for new ways to make productivity and cost saving improvement.
- To comply with local legislation and be conversant and act in accordance with such matter.
- To attend trainings and meetings as required.
- To contribute to regular operational communication meetings.
- Carry out special projects, research work and initiatives as identified.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required by management.
To maximise colleague productivity and morale of all kitchen colleagues.