Full job details
At more than 75 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. Meet the Ritz-Carlton™. It could be the start of something life-changing.
Manages housekeeping functions and staff on a daily basis to ensure property guest rooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Directs and works with team to successfully execute all housekeeping operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Responsible for inspecting areas of responsibilities and following up with a plan for improving results.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in housekeeping or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 3 years experience in housekeeping or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
- Ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Understands the importance of department's operation on the overall property financial goals and educates staff on details as appropriate.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure the guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Supervises daily housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same with them.
- Schedule employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policy.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Review employee satsifaction results.
- Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Strives to improve service performance.