Chef De Partie - Full Time - London Marriott Hotel Twickenham - London Marriott Hotel Twickenham - UK - England
Full job details
To provide an effective service in all food outlets for external and internal customers
· Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Pro-active and reliable
· Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification
· Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
1) Prepare, supervise and cook on assigned station of work and also run the kitchen in absence of Exec Chef and Sous Chef.
Oversee food production by commis chefs and demi chefs in the kitchen.
As sis t Sous Chef with taste panels and menu classes
Discuss food production challenges through with Sous Chef.
4) As sis t Sous Chef with menu planning, stock control and costing.
5) Deputise in Sous Chef’s absence.
6) As sis t Sous Chef with departmental promotions and sales opportunities.
7) Rotation of foods – First in First out (FIFO).
8) Check quality of the food and report any problems to the Sous Chef.
At Marriott, we want you to enjoy working with us, both at work and during your leisure time.
Here are just a few of the benefits that we offer our associates:
- Discounted Marriott Hotel accommodation worldwide for you, your family and friends
- Career training and development
- Competitive annual vacation entitlement
- Free meals at work
- Uniforms provided
- Recognition awards
- Option of a fantastic company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Performance Related Pay
- Selected Local business discounts
"Marriott is an equal employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.”
Located just 6 miles from Heathrow Airport and 20 minutes from Central London, the brand new London Marriott Hotel Twickenham sits within the South Stand of the Twickenham Rugby Stadium, and offers a contemporary and modern design with superb facilities. Relax in the comfort of one of our 156 guest rooms, each featuring the latest in Marriott design including Revive bedding, flat screen LCD televisions and state of the art technology. Enjoy the cuisine of the feature restaurant, or relax in the bar at the heart of the hotel which will typify the hotel positioning as Londons Ultimate Destination for Business & Sport. The hotel is perfectly located for guests to enjoy many local attractions including Hampton Court Palace, Kew Gardens and the River Thames. Alternatively guests can take a leisurely swim or workout in the flagship Virgin Active Classic Health Club attached to the hotel. With meeting space for 9000 people, the hotel is the perfect choice for meetings and social occasions.