Chef de Partie - Heathrow/Windsor Marriott - UK - England
Full job details
Please note that this is a full time position based at the Heathrow Windsor Marriott
Chef de Parties are a crucial part of the kitchen brigade who work together to ensure that
guest expectations are constantly exceeded. They are responsible for the skilled execution of
high quality food service and preparation in the Brasserie Restaurant, Chats Bar, Room Service and Conference and Banqueting departments.
and in turn are expected to assist with the development of aspiring Demi Chefs and Commis Chefs at the hotel. C
hef de Parties not only work in accordance with local Marriott service standards and
practises, but also in line with weights & measures and food hygiene standards.
The Job holder will support the food operation in the kitchen and assist the supervision of food production in all other areas. The person will also help uphold the gross profit whilst maintaining the high quality of food production, assist in training and development of all team members in the kitchen and maintain and improve standards of hygiene within the constraints of company legislative policy.
Please note that all candidates must have valid permission to live and work in theUnited Kingdom .
Our creative and original menus are created by a highly skilled brigade, and now we are looking for one more enthusiastic, passionate and highly motivated addition to the fantastic Kitchen team at The Heathrow Windsor Marriott!
Preferred candidates will have previous experience working within a busy food and beverage environment, and ideally have completed NVQ levels 1 & 2. Applicants should be pro - active and reliable and show strong initiative in a busy and rewarding kitchen environment. Candidates must also demonstrate strong communication skills (verbal, listening and writing) and have a good level of written and spoken English.Applicants should have excellent team working skills, and yet be reliable so as to be able to work unsupervised when empowered to do so. They should be flexible enough to work in shift patterns in accordance with the business needs of the hotel. Experience:
• Demi Chef with 1 years experience or Chef de Partie in a smaller sized property.
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Pro-active and reliable
• Able to work alone and within a team
• Physical fitness (job involves pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching, prolonged periods of standing and/or walking)
• Flexible to work any shift including weekends, bank holidays and nights on occasions
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• With the Executive Chef implement agreed goals and targets for the kitchen and other F&B areas
• Train and develop an effective Kitchen team to ensure that the operation will exceed Guest Service Standards as measured by GSS
• Involve and implement corporate and local F&B products which meet market demands and consequently optimises yields
• Motivate and support associates to ensure that job satisfaction is maintained and consistently improved as measured by AOS
At Marriott, we want you to enjoy working with us, both at work and during your leisure time. Here are just a few of the benefits that we offer our associates:
• Discounted Marriott hotel accommodation worldwide for you, your friend and your family
• Career training and development
• Competitive annual vacation entitlement
• Free meals at work
• Uniforms provided and dry cleaned
• Discounted dry cleaning on personal items
• Recognition awards (e.g. associate of the month)
• Discounted gym memberships
• Fantastic company Pension
• Discounts on major tourist attractions• Childcare vouchers . Free Car parking whilst on duty
Travel just 15 minutes beyond Heathrow International Airport and you'll find yourself at the Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel. An exceptional hotel near Heathrow and Windsor, it extends a delightful blend of comfort, convenience and responsive service ... and an ideal location near Legoland, Chessington, Thorpe Park, Royal Windsor and Ascot Racecourse. Business travelers will enjoy easy access to London, only 18 miles away, as well as smartly designed guest rooms featuring high-speed Internet, a mini-bar and direct dial telephone. Throughout this fine Heathrow/Windsor hotel, you'll find the amenities that make any stay a pleasure. There are tempting dining options, including Pizza da Marco, Chats Bar and the lively Mediterranean flavours of Mediterrano. Relaxing pursuits include an indoor pool, steam room and extensive fitness facilities with state-of-the-art equipment. The Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel also offers 444 square meters of flexible event space that can transform to meet your specific needs.