Full job details
To maintain and manage the Wine Inventory.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Be organized with the Wine Inventory and Stock levels.
- Train front of house about wine logistic. Make sure all service staff knows which wines are located where.
- Carry out monthly stock control, inventory. Update continuously all stock forms.
- Support Sommelier to maintain and update wine and all other beverage lists. Ensure Wines off critical age get sold. Check pricing is up to date.
- Co-ordinate the work of subordinates and maintains the established procedures and policies.
- Promote good working atmosphere with emphasis in enhancing relations with subordinates.
- greet guests, handle comments and problems whenever required.
- Converse with guests to maintain a good relationship as well as extending personal touch.
- Make requisition for supplies in order to maintain stock level.
- Carry out any other duties as and when required by the Sommelier.
- Experience: Holding similar position in a well-established hotel for at least 1 years.
- Education: Basic high school degree
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up. Be well-groomed at all times. Have knowledge of purchasing, storage, rotation and training of all beverage offerings.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency with MS Office products.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 50 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.