Full job details
Clean employee restrooms, locker rooms, hallways, service elevators, ensuring the hotel standards of cleanliness. Responsible for reporting any maintenance discrepancies. Sweep and mop back hallway, sweep and mop stairwells and elevators. Wipe down elevator walls, back hall and restroom walls. Receive and store Housekeeping supplies. Take trash out to loading dock. Deliver and retrieve guest requests in a timely manner. Refill Room Attendant chemical bottles. Retrieve and store Room Attendant carts and vacuum.
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
· Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
· Clean pool and locker rooms. (Polish all brass fixtures; replenish bathroom supplies like toilet paper, hand towels, soap, etc.)
· Clean employee men’s locker room on weekdays, and both men’s and lady’s locker rooms on weekends.
· Clean cafeteria men’s and ladies restrooms on weekdays and on weekends.
· Clean locker rooms and restrooms once per week as assigned by Supervisor.
· Clean Housekeeping hallway and light covers as needed.
· Sweep, mop back hallway, stairwell, and housekeeping areas.
· Buff housekeeping hallway daily as needed.
· Pick up and deliver guest hallway.
· Deliver all items requested by guests.
· Make up rollaway and store.
· Make up baby cribs and store.
· Refill room attendant’s chemical bottles (p.m. shift)
· Wrap guest toilet tissue.
· Clean all service elevators (tracks, walls, floors, etc.) on a daily basis.
· Pick up new supplies at loading dock.
· Store new supplies in the proper storage areas.
· Pick up and distribution of interoffice mail.
· Store room attendant’s cart inside the storage room.
· Take all trash to compactor.
· Must be able to perform special projects assigned by the PM supervisor.
· Must be able to assist in other duties like help do turndown service, help lobby attendants and office cleaner.
· Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
· All other duties as required.
· Experience: Minimum one year’s experience as a cleaner/houseperson for a luxury or ultra-luxury hotel or resort.
· Education: High school diploma.
· General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
· Technical Skills: Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use of equipment, k nowledge of proper chemical handling.
· Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
· Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
· Licenses & Certifications: None required.