This job is no longer available
Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea.
Celebrity Cruises currently requires Assistant Galley Operations Managers to join our team! The position assists the Galley Operations Manager in supervising the Galley Operation onboard and ensures the smooth and efficient operation on a day-to-day basis according to the company policies.
The Assistant Manager, Galley Operations is responsible for ensuring that the support elements of the galley operation, including ware washing, sanitation, cleanliness and public health, equipment repair and maintenance and materials & supplies par levels are operating in full compliance with the company's standards. This position plays a critical role in ensuring the infrastructure and support system for a successful culinary operation and guest experience is in place in the heart of the house.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates must have minimum of three - five years of progressive food or beverage-related experience and/or training in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise ship (shipboard experience preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the Galley Operations Manager) the performance of all direct reports.
- Must be very familiar with the entire Galley operation and possess a total understanding of the United States Public Health rules and regulations.
- Ensures that direct reports follow their schedules and complete the required tasks as per their job descriptions.
- Provides scheduled training to assigned Crew members with emphasis on the United States Public Health standards, Services quality, verbal etiquette, presentation and the ship's garbage segregation system.
- This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
- Ensures that all budget requirements in connection with Galley operations are met, such as: food cost, C&R, overtime, etc.
- Three to five years food or beverage-related experience and/or training in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise ship (shipboard experience preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to two years of stewarding supervisory experience, preferably in a high volume, upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship, restaurant or high volume food service facility.
- Extensive knowledge of food handling procedures with regard to USPH standards.
- Strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
- Strong communication, problem solving, decision making and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, or related programs.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests. Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian or Portuguese is preferred.
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.