This job is no longer available
Responsibilities for this position shall include, but not limited to, the following areas and activities at management discretion. Direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
• Conducts pre-service staff briefing and attend the Food & Beverage meeting and the daily Food & Beverage briefing
• Update bulletin board, report “lost & found” items and ensure that the logbook is regularly maintained.
• Ensure cashiering procedures and credit policies of the hotel are adhered to.
• Establishes and maintains effective employee and inter-departmental working relationships.
• Handles administrative works and keeps updated files on the following restaurant matters:
• Assists the Food and Beverage Manager in setting restaurant goals and developing strategies, procedures and policies.
• Ensure that employees within the Outlet have a complete understanding of the hotel’s policies and procedures and strictly adheres to it.
• Conducts such functions as interviewing, hiring, performance evaluation, coaching, counseling and taking disciplinary actions to ensure the appropriate staff productivity and efficiency.
• Identify training needs and develop training material in accordance with Resorts guidelines and implements training plans.
• Maintains up-dated operations manual for the restaurant/section.
• Ensure on the job training is conducted.
• Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in food and beverage through trade literature, hotel show and internet.
• Manages all functions of the restaurant/section service to achieve the optimum departmental profit.
• Manages all functions of the restaurant/section operation to achieve the optimum quality level of service.
• Controls and analyzes, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
o Quality and presentation of food and beverage products
o Service standard
o Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
o Guest satisfaction
• Comes up with the Executive Sous Chef with popular ideas for the menu and beverage list.
• Plans and organizes with the Executive Sous Chef successful Food and Beverage activities.
• Establish good guest relations and rapport and competently handle guest complaints.
• Participates in service as necessary in accordance with the requirements and practices of the restaurant.
• Monitors the stocks of all food, beverage, material and equipment and ensures that service requirements are met.
• Assign functions and responsibilities to subordinates; evaluate their work performances and their grooming standards.
• Maintain high standards of cleanliness in the outlet, issue job requisitions and maintenance Work Requests and follow up on it
• The Employee shall not at any time during the term of this agreement or thereafter disclose to any person any information related to the affairs of the Employer or any of its customers.
• Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.