This job is no longer available
2. Receive and issue all Associate Outfits
3. Mend any Outfit or linen in need of repair or alteration.
4. Deliver all dirty Associate Outfits to Laundry area and to pick it up after washing/dry cleaning it.
5. Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping.
6. Keep Outfit clean and tidy at all time.
7. Store laundered Outfits and linen in allocated positions.
8. Liaise with the Executive Housekeeper when ordering replacement Outfits.
9. Alter and repair guest clothing as requested.
10. Carry out the duties of the Chambermaid or Laundry Attendant when required.
11. Anticipate guest’s needs through observation and offer prompt, efficient service either personally or through effective communication with other associate.
12. Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to Housekeeping Supervisor if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests. Report it to the Housekeeping Supervisor even if it is solved.
13. Attend all departmental meetings.
14. Maintain knowledge of the hotel and local area.
15. Undertake additional duties as requested by the Executive Housekeeper, and Hotel Management.
16. Maintain a sense of urgency with whatever task is required.
17. Attend and comprehend all information discussed at the briefing sessions. If unsure, ask questions until you are sure. Assist team members if they are having trouble comprehending as well.
18. Always follow the grooming standards as per Desroches Policies. The goal is to present a clean, professional and natural appearance in both attire and personal appearance.
19. Be punctual, efficient and above all, courteous. Assume at all times a pleasing and helpful manner towards our guests. Never speak in a loud voice to other Team Members.
20. Maintain good eye contact and posture with the guest at all times, without leaning.
21. Never indicate to a guest by word or implication that a tip is expected or that you are dissatisfied with the amount of the tip.
22. Be aware of your work schedule and give adequate notice whenever serious circumstances prevent your adhering to your schedule.
23. Be pro-actively involved in the hotel’s operation keeping up-to-date with events within the hotel.
24. Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety rules and related Desroches Island Policies.
25. Be well versed and knowledgeable of Desroches Island Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace.
26. Assist your Manager and team members in the performance of their role.