This job is no longer available
• In charge of and co-responsibility for the cleaning of parts of the restaurant, back offices and
work rooms as directed (side jobs)
• Co-responsible for the cleaning of the restaurant glassware
• Greeting of all guests in the restaurant station at the beginning and end of every meal
• Co-responsible for achieving and maintaining the Desroches Island standards in the restaurant- and bar department
• Assistance with all Food & Beverage supplies via barge supply.
• Co-responsible for the correct handling of all food stock, as well as all the equipment in the
restaurant and bar department
• Co-responsible for the checking, distribution and if necessary replacement of printed matter, floral and other decoration in the restaurant
• Assistance with the taking of the restaurant inventory as per company’s directives
• Participation in the onboard training program
• Various preparatory duties prior to and at the end of the season
• Active communication with guests in the restaurant to obtain feedback, as well as to generate revenue by recommendation
• Responsible for the daily cashing-up of their generated revenue
• Assistance with F&B activities (cocktails, welcome-and farewell parties, afternoon tea etc.), as well as special functions.
• Cooperation in other departments if necessary, as per supervisor’s directives
• Attend daily briefings / meetings upon the request of Food & Beverage Team Leader / Restaurant Manager
• To maintain timekeeping standard
• To wear and maintain the correct dress codes according to company standards.
• To ensure prompt, efficient and courts service to all guests and colleagues.
• To make sure all tables are set up properly by respecting pre-set standards
• To take all guests orders for food and beverage and to charge them.
• Make sure that all food and beverage items are picked up from kitchen and bar, as soon as possible.
• To be fully trained on F&B service.
• To be fully conversant with the resort and its facilities
• To participate and support flexible rostering
• To attend any training sessions set by the Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Supervisors.
• To attend all department and general meetings.
• To change ashtrays to standard.
• To ensure all equipment put on the tables is up to standards.
• To ensure good maintenance of the table throughout the meal.
• To ensure that all bills are properly itemized and checked before the bill is presented to the guest.
• To be aware of special promotions and activities in the restaurant.
• To make sure that the station is clean and tidy at all times and supplied with enough mise en places.
• To clear and clean all dirty tables, and set up immediately after guest has left.
• To report any complain or problem to superior.
• To be attentive to guests needs
• To be aware of the entire table plan, service periods and opening hours of the operation.
• To carry out all other operation duties required by management team.
• To make sure operating equipment is handled with care in order to avoid breakage and loss.
• To co-operate with rest of the team during service period.
• To assist any outlets that require back up due to business fluctuation
• To undertake any other reasonable task/request by Management
(please note that due to the number of CV being received only short listed candidates will be contacted.)