Dir-Revenue Analysis - Cluster Paris
Full job details
Leads Revenue Analysis function by focusing on revenue, profit and demand associated with hotel(s)' rooms and space inventory in a given market or cluster. Develops and/or uses analytical tools and systems to maximize revenues and profit. Position is accountable for preparing forecasts, budgets and projections. Position contributes to sales strategy, evaluates effectiveness and prepares historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities. Serves as a demand expert for the cluster team members, GMs, and regional stakeholders.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
· Prepares sales strategy critique.
· Prepares budgets for transient, group and catering, where applicable.
· Manages all revenue, profit and demand data associated with rooms and function space.
· Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue analysis processes.
· Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels/clusters/franchise partners/owners.
· Promotes and protects brand equity.
· Participates in periodic regional reviews.
· Contributes to development of hotel sales goals, pricing and selling strategy and customer information.
· Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
· Updates market knowledge and aligns strategies and approaches accordingly.
· Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
· Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
· Establishes long-range objectives and specifies the strategies and actions to achieve them.
· Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
· Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
· Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
· Explores opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make improvements.
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
· Prepares forecasts of revenue, profit, demand and occupancy for rooms for prescribed timeframes
· Prepares revenue and profit opportunity analysis.
· Provides revenue analysis functional expertise and leadership to general managers, property leadership teams and sales leaders.
· Extracts and analyzes data in order to draw viable/actionable business conclusions.
· Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
· Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
· Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Uses computer systems (including hardware and software) to, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
· Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
Building Successful Relationships
· Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
· Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to all stakeholders.
· Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
· Serves as the liaison, when necessary, between property and regional/corporate systems support.
Education and Experience
A degree in a relevant business discipline preferred or demonstration of equivalent work experience.
· Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
· Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
o Revenue Management - Knowledge of revenue management concepts, processes and strategies such as average daily rate, revenue per available room, sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing and inventory management. Skill in using a Yield Management system and interpreting pricing and inventory reports.
o Analysis - The ability to analyze and summarize detailed data to make inferences and recommendations. Included is the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets for storing data.
o Research - Skill in collecting information from a variety of sources relating to market data, historical cycles, travel/tourism trends, and real estate market dynamics. The ability to know when to seek addition information and where to look to find it.
o Inventory Management - The ability to manage rooms and function space restrictions and thresholds using systems or manually in order to maximize revenue/profit across all segments.
o Computer Skills - The willingness to learn and ability to use computer systems and software packages to input, access, modify, store, or output information or to execute programs and analyses. This includes the ability to enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball.
o Economics and Finance - Knowledge of economic principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
o Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of sales and marketing concepts including principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services as well as marketing strategies and tactics.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Job Posting : Jul 19, 2012, 1:53:55 PM