Assistant Spa Manager - Talise Ottoman Spa - Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, U.S.A and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a truly luxurious beachside resort located on the west crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai and offers exhilarating views of the Arabian Gulf and Dubai's impressive skyline.
The lavish interior of the resort is inspired by palaces of the Ottoman period and features hand painted finishing, Turkish artworks and stunning murals that conjure up images of the grand and magnificent era of the Ottoman Empire.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is located on the West Crescent of the Palm Jumeirah in Dubai, the celebrated man-made island in the shape of a palm tree, with stunning views of the Arabian Gulf. This truly spectacular resort reflects the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. It comprises of a six-floor beachside hotel with 10 restaurants and bars, and 405 elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites, of which there are 379 guest rooms and 26 decadent suites. It also boasts 38 exclusive residences situated around a lagoon pool set in tropical gardens with tennis courts. These thirty-eight exclusive residences capture the spirit of the Ottoman Empire. Built to the highest specifications and with impeccable attention to detail, the residences use the finest materials, including exquisite marble, dark woods, and stunning exterior ceramics. The residences are situated around a magnificent lagoon pool set in lush tropical gardens with tennis courts. All the residences have access to everything that the five-star Jumeirah Zabeel Saray has to offer. Hand painted finishings, Turkish artworks and lavish murals combine to conjure up images of the grand and magnificent era of the Ottoman Empire. Within this spectacular palace, behind immense and ornately carved doors, awaits Dubai's best-kept secret, Talise Ottoman Spa. At the heart of this palatial spa, is an authentic and spectacular Turkish hammam. Throughout the centuries, the hammam was not only a place for bathing; it was a cultural tradition revered as a focal point for relaxing, meeting friends, associates and celebrating special events. Today this timeless tradition continues.About the Role
An exciting role has arisen for an Assistant Spa Manager in Talise Ottoman Spa. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Spa Director in the planning, organising, and directing the overall operations and administrations of the department ensuring that standards and facilities are well maintained and trained. You will be accountable for the performance of colleagues ensuring a motivated and focused team. Your key duties will include:
- To oversee and take responsibility for the therapy or guest services team and ensure they deliver optimum service to guest following all treatment and spa standards.
- Construct Department Training Plan and career development, directing the spa team to achieve success where everyone contributes.
- Develop strong product quality measure within department and to maximise profit through driving revenues and controlling costs with in the business.
- To assist in achieving budget through planned initiatives and controlling.
- To track and monitor the results of department & individual staffs KPI on daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Ensure that the treatment rooms & facilities are full set up before beginning of a treatment according to the spa standards.
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationship with the spa guests to create a personalised and attentive service that exceeds expectations, advising guests regarding the treatments and products offered at the spa maintaining innovation and originality.
In order to be considered for the role, you will have gained a tertiary education in Business Management within the spa industry and possess a minimum of 3 years experience in 5* spa environment in a management position. A strong financial and training background is highly desirable. You will have the ability to lead by example, to think proactively, and have a win-win attitude. You must be a trained therapist with knowledge of spa treatments. Proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office and Opera is essential as are excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.