This job is no longer available
- Ensures that each Demi Chef de Partie and Commis understands his/her portion of the menu, including the recipes and presentations.
- Active participation on food preparation and presentation.
- Maintains USPH standards, which include follow up of proper food handling, storage, cleaning and personal hygiene procedures.
- Reports defective Galley equipment to ensure that food production and food service is not interrupted.
- Follows proper utilization procedures of food leftovers and recycles them in the best possible and safest way.
- Maintains timely preparation, final cooking and garnishing of menu items, including buffet preparation.
- Setting-up of breakfast, luncheon, and dinner service lines.
- Ensures that menu items are re-supplied as necessary.
- Ensures that waste control, low grocery breakage and garbage separation is followed.
- Knowledge of basic food preparation, presentation and preservation
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures
- Formal degree in food management from a recognized International culinary institution
- Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letter of participation in specialized courses
- Ability to train and motivate subordinates
- Ability to innovate and foster creativity
- Ability to organize and complete work in accordance to deadlines
Experience in quality establishments and good knowledge of English are essential.
PLEASE REPLY IN ENGLISH, ENCLOSING YOUR CV AND A RECENT PHOTO