This job has now expired
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1000 properties in over 100 countries, is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels and resorts with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, Sheraton®, Westin®, Four Points® by Sheraton, W®, Le Méridien®, Aloft®and ElementSM. Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a subsidiary of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., is one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com or www.starwoodvacationownership.com.
Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers, Dubai United Arab Emirates
The hotel prides itself of 262 hotel rooms being the only hotel currently situated directly at the Dubai Creek.
There are a number of different food & beverage outlets at the Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers. These range from our Italian all-day restaurant with two terraces and stunning view of Dubai Creek to the authentic Indian cuisine restaurant Ashiana and not to forget the Creekside restaurant which is an informal Japanese restaurant. Also, we have the Lobby café and our English pub the Chelsea Arms.
• To work with the In-Room Dining, Restaurants and Lobby Bar team to ensure achievement of strategic departmental goals, especially in the area of guest satisfaction.
• To be prepared to work all shifts within the Lobby Bar, In Room Dining and Minibars, and Restaurants to create a fully multi-skilled and productive Food and Beverage team.
• Provide excellent guest service by discovering all of our guests needs and acting on these needs promptly, effectively and with confidence.
• Work across all areas of In Room Dining, the Lobby Bar and Minibar Department, to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded and standards are consistently maintained.
• Liaise and communicate effectively with all departments to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
• To be fully conversant with all In Room Dining, the Lobby Bar and Minibar policies and procedures.
• When fully competent, to work with the Manager and Lead Servers to provide effective on job training and coaching of new staff to help develop an highly skilled and motivated team, committed to both Hotel and departmental goals.
• To take active part in the Synergy program to develop a team of multi-skilled F&B Servers across all F&B outlets
• Ensure full liaison with other members of the Front Office team
• Strong communication with the Kitchen, Events and Front Office
• Key relationships with Kitchen, Front Office, Housekeeping, Events and other F&B areas.
• Key relationships within the Hotel to ensure customer expectations are met/exceeded at all times.
• Previous experience in a similar position
• Good service skills and attentive to details
• Experience of restaurant set ups and types of service
• Knowledge of basic Food Hygiene practices
• High school diploma
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Friendly and outgoing personality
• Knowledge of languages an advantage