Chef de Partie - Cold Kitchen - Dubai Courtyard by Marriott - United Arab Emirates
This job has now expired
Are you ready to explore new challenges?
At Marriott we can help make it happen – with opportunities for building new skills; co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experiences for growth and promotion.
Marriott is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you discover Marriott.
A great opportunity to join the Courtyard by Marriott team, An award winning International Hotel 2007. You will be given the chance to experience the joy of being part of the Marriott family and also experience the Spirit to Serve not just with our Guest, with the Associates but as well as with the Community.
Having an experience in similar position at least 12 months is preferred.
Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Pro active and reliable
Able to work alone and within a team.
Good level in English essential
Report to work on time and checks schedule the day before.
2) Attend daily 15 minutes training and present one topic monthly.
3) Effectively operates the department with his team.
4) Attends daily briefing for upcoming functions.
5) Control of overtime (any over time to be pre – approved by Exec. Chef)
6) Proper handling of overproduction and wastage for each functions.
7) Assist Sous- Chef and / or Exec Chef where needed.
8) Comes up with new ideas and suggestions for his Department.
9) Trains all his staff according to four – step method.
10) In charge for buffets and parties where assigned.
11) Prepares complete line products needed in department.
12) Prepares the daily production charts make sure that quantities are filed in correctly and production is made accordingly; A par stock to be established to avoid over production.
13) Prepares order for storeroom according to production charts.
14) Follows (FIFO) First Out Procedures.
15) Directs and supervises whole team in their work.
16) Promotes and maintain effective communication between supervisor and each other.
17) Checks all outlets on food presentation , standards and adequate set up for each meal period.
18) Ensure implementation of safety standards.
19) Follows procedures with the use of “Micro Clor and other cleaning supplies.
20) Maintains the sanitary standards and “Clean as you Go” policy.
21) Attends all kitchen meetings and comes up with feedback and/suggestions.
22) Takes breaks only with supervisors approval.
Fully furnished sharing accommodation in a safe building and all Utility bills are taken care of courtyard by Marriott
Paid flight ticket to home destination every 24 months
Net salary, payment in local currency/service charge of Dirhams (dhs)
Entitled to local Incentive Plan
Private Medical and Life Insurance
Relocation Air fare and visa cost provided.
3 free meals per day provided in the Associates Restaurant.
Free Transportation between the housing and the hotel.
Free Transportation to Main Shopping Centre and Dubai City Centre.
20% discount on Food and Beverage in various Marriott hotels in Dubai for private use.
50% discount on Food & Beverage in courtyard by Marriott in Dubai.
Special Discount in various shops in Dubai.
International working environment, working in a dynamic team with a great work atmosphere.
Excellent Reward and Recognition programmes in place
Excellent Career progression opportunities.
With its majestic image captured in the glistening lake that borders it, the Courtyard by Marriott Dubai Green Community reflects the finest of 4-star hotels in Dubai. Set on 67 hectares of exquisitely landscaped parkland, the Courtyard Dubai offers a serene setting that obscures its close proximity to downtown, just 40 kilometer away ... and only hints at the luxury waiting inside. Spacious, smartly appointed guestrooms offer work areas, high-speed Internet and plush new bedding. A state-of-the-art fitness center stands ready for a total workout, and the outdoor pool assures relaxation. Nearby, a chic shopping boulevard begs exploration. Among our tempting dining options, reserve a seat at the Pine Grill, with its all-day menu; or at Cucina, the Italian Kitchen, to experience authentic Tuscan cuisine.