Public Relation Officer - Group & Corporate (UAE National Only)
This job has now expired
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, U.S.A and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Group, the Dubai-based luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts includes Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London and Jumeirah Essex House in New York. Jumeirah Group also runs the luxury serviced residences brand Jumeirah Living; the spa brand Talise; Jumeirah Restaurants; Wild Wadi Waterpark; The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management; and Sirius, its global loyalty programme.
The Group's activities are, however, not restricted to hotel and resort management. The Jumeirah Group portfolio also includes Jumeirah Living, the Group's luxury brand of serviced residences offering effortless living in luxurious surroundings; global spa brand Talise; Jumeirah Restaurants, the company's dedicated restaurant division; Wild Wadi Waterpark and The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management, the region's only fully accredited third-level academic institution delivering specialised degree programmes in hospitality management.About the Role
An exciting role has arisen in the HR Department at Jumeirah Group & Corporate, for a highly motivated and hard working individual. The main purpose of this position is to establish and maintain effective relationships with government departments and facilitate efficient transactions in order to fulfil regulatory obligations regarding guests, colleagues, entertainers and external service providers.
Your key duties will include:
- Handling visa arrangements, renewal and cancellation of trade and other related licenses, permits and visas in order to comply with Jumeirah hotels, UAE and labour law requirements.
- Process invoices from various government departments to ensure timely payment and continuity of service.
- Support the hotel, guests and colleagues through police, criminal and public prosecution situations, including providing emergency support, in order to ensure compliance with the UAE law and assist the individuals concerned through the process.
- Liaise with Immigration departments, to ensure to solve employment visas and the visit visa related issues.
- Provide all kind of admin support to the entire Jumeirah SBU's/ SSU.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have gained and possess the following:
- High School Graduate or College/University course work in any curriculum.
- Experienced in dealing with colleagues/guests in a friendly approachable manner, Middle East experience most desired.
- Excellent Oral and written communication in English and Arabic Language
- Computer skills