This job is no longer available
-Spanish mother tongue
-Good knowledge of English
-Experience in a large Hotel or Cruise ship Environment.
-Good knowledge of current galley equipment.
- Must have finished a professional Hotel School with Certificate or at least 6 to 8 years experience in a large Hotel or Cruise ship Environment with multi-outlet operation.
-Creative, hands on attitude, leadership skills.
-Ability to inspire, train and develop people for promotion.
- Must be able to take over the whole galley operation for a short period of time.
-Computer Literate, Ms Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Preferable between 28 and 40 years old, pleasant, clean and calm appearance.
- being in charge of the entire galley operation in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- supervising all food preparation and presentation as directed by the Executive Chef.
- approving and signing all food requisitions.
- being responsible for portion and quality control.
- providing continuous training and leadership and instructs of how to keep the working areas clean and sanitised.
- controlling all hot and cold storage areas in all galleys.
- reporting any irregularities and defects of equipments to the Executive Chef.
- conducing short daily food production meetings with First Cooks (i.e. mise en place,
special functions, menus, etc).
- ensuring that preparations are followed according to Company recipes and pictures.
- assisting the Executive Chef in the administrative and clerical aspect of his duties.
- keeping, with the Executive Chef, the food cost within the company budget
- Salary and embarkation details will be discussed individually
- We can offer you the chance to grow up in the position and to earn very good salary package
How to apply:
Please if you are interested submit your application cv directly to email@example.com writing SPANISH SOUS CHEF SELECTION in the email object