This job is no longer available
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or a related field with minimum 2 years experience as a HR Manager in a 4 or 5 star International branded hotel.
• The leadership and vision to create a winning team Knowledge of labor / government laws and corporate guidelines governing employee relations and administration.
• Experience in developing and managing various compensation and incentive programs (base pay, sales incentive, shift premiums, recognition, etc.).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate to a broad spectrum of audiences (agents, front line supervisors, management, vendors, hotels).
• Experience in managing a high volume recruitment function.
• Experience in assessing training needs, developing programs, implementing and managing of programs on an ongoing basis.
• Strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
• Knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, HR system preferably Oaysis.
• Compliance & implementation of HR Policies & Procedures. Knowledgeable on up to date labor law.
• Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource employee team members with the appropriate skills, as needed. Oversees/monitors candidate identification and selection process.
Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures employees are trained to support successful daily operations. Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervise on-going training initiatives and conducts training, when appropriate.
• Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
• Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
• Utilizes an "open door" policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
• Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
• Represents Human Resources at the property Safety Committee; helps to identify ways to create awareness of the importance of safety in the workplace and decrease accident frequency and severity.