This job is no longer available
Beach Bar and Grill Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. As Beach Bar and Grill Manager, your leadership and passion for guest service will drive outstanding operating results – and ensure your Outlet is both a preferred dining destination and workplace.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Palm Jumeirah is a world-class property opening September 1st, 2012 on the iconic Palm Island in Dubai. The hotel will feature 381 guest rooms and suites with two Fairmont Gold floors. A total of eight food and beverage outlets on property will offer international dining options including Szechwan cuisine, a Brazilian steak house plus separate cigar and wine bars. The property will be positioned as a Luxury Hotel joining other internationally branded hotels on the ‘island’, which will generate tremendous anticipation both in the UAE and worldwide. In addition, the high regard that the Fairmont brand is afforded in the region will result in very high expectations for flawless service delivery from day-one.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the F&B Outlet team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- To assist in the recruitment and training of F&B Colleagues
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Maximize revenues by communicating regularly with the Food and Beverage teams to implement agreed upon strategies, practices and promotions
- Have full knowledge of all Outlet menus
- Manage the departmental budget
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Food and Beverage leadership experience required
- Must have previous experience in a fast paced high volume restaurant/bar.
- 3 years experience ia similar role.
- Very energetic individual with a passion for food and beverage.
- Ability to manage large team with different cultural backgrounds.
- Previous Point of Sale System experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!