This job is no longer available
To ensure the completeness and accuracy of all inventory type costs on a timely basis, which includes food & beverage, operating supplies, Resort operated retail and others as defined by the Manager Cost Audit / VP Finance
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the departmental operations manual including policies, procedures and task-lists as well as Government Regulations is followed.
- To ensure to have sufficient coverage in the night operation such as Sanctuary, Nasimi and the Banquets event to have better internal control.
- In general, overall controls of the resorts bar inventory (specially in the night), to ensure stocks are managed efficiently.
- Participate the all special event take place in the resort and make sure all controls are in place.
- To conduct weekly full inventory in other Bars and timely submission of variance reports with comments.
- To verify the Variance report with bar in charge within two days from the date of inventory and submit the final outcome after the verification.
- To participate all the banquets function with the Corkage fee to make sure all the spirits which involved corkage fees are recorded, charged and returned as per the Resort policy.
- Verify all the Guest leftover bottle and destroyed as per the Hotel Policy
- Cashiers Cash spot check in timely manner
- To verify the free drink issued base on the tickets/voucher with the number of ticket sold etc
- Ensure all subordinates are aware of and follow the operations manual, providing training as appropriate
- Supervise monthly inventories, in conjunction with other department employees, test-check counts, update the accounting system, review discrepancies with the relevant departments and report accordingly to the CA Manager
- Review and report on slow moving and obsolete stock
- Monitor the inventory levels throughout the stores, in pantries, on the floors etc and highlight areas of apparent excess
- Bring to the attention of and review with the CA Manager any unusual transactions or deficiencies as identified in the above-mentioned job tasks
- Use initiative to query and follow through on unusual transactions and undertake other audit techniques to assist with verifying the completeness and accuracy of the costs
- Ensure various systems and reports are maintained and highlighted for key performance indicators
- Bring to the immediate attention of the CA Manager, VP Finance (or more senior person) any matters which appear to represent a material non-compliance with contractual agreements, possible fraud or irregularity, violation of laws or regulations, or significant deficiencies in internal control
- Assist as required with the month-end Accounts process to ensure the Accounts are prepared within the required timetable and are as accurate as possible
- Ensure all records are appropriately filed for ease of future reference, tidiness and for audit purposes, and utilize electronic storage as much as possible taking into consideration all relevant Government Regulations
- Liaise with other departments as appropriate to ensure the smooth running of the Resort operations, that there is complete communication flow and a positive working environment for the overall Resort
- Undertake any other assignments as reasonably issued by the CA Manager and/or VP Finance
- Ensure there is an emphasis on continuous improvement and the bottom line