This job is no longer available
The Training Specialist is part of an onboard two trainer team that execute training designed by headquarters. She or he oversees ship training center. Conducts general training courses including but not limited to Hospitality, Company Orientation, Ship Familiarization, Management Training, and Customer Service Training. Responsible for all related record keeping.
Coordinate and assist with company recognition programs, including Vacation Hero
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Some essential functions of the Onboard Training Specialist include, but are not limited to:
Conduct training for all generally applicable courses. Such courses include Company Orientation, Ship Familiarization, New Supervisor/Manager Training, and Hospitality and Service.
•Conducts training sessions using a variety of training methods and styles so to maximize training effectiveness.
•Coordinates a group of departmental trainers to ensure completion of job specific Position Based Training (PBT).
•Conducts training using a variety of media (i.e.: computer, projector, actual models/objects, etc.) and programs in order to ensure optimum effect and retention.
•Utilizes Adult Learning Theory to ensure retention and transfer of learning.
•Creates a positive learning environment in and outside of the Learning Center.
•Learns and conducts training from a facilitator manual and utilizes prepared resources; understands the importance of following facilitator manual to ensure consistent training from class to class and vessel to vessel.
•Coordinates use of Learning Center and onboard training rooms.
•Sets optimum schedule for learners while guaranteeing limited impact on ship operations and the needs of the business.
•Resolves schedule conflicts by negotiating with management, learner and training services.
•Oversees the computer-based training library and is responsible for tracking the use and possession of those materials.
•Creates and manages an agenda and conducts meetings accordingly.
•Coordinates with ship management to facilitate Vacation Hero initiatives and recognition programs.
•Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
• The equivalent of a 4 year college degree ( US system or equivalent) is required - Training certifications a plus.
Experience & Skills
• At least 2 years of training experience, preferably in a hospitality environment.
• Platform and stand up training experience required.
• Management level experience in providing training preferred.
• Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
• Responsible for all related record keeping.
• Must have fluent knowledge in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and especially PowerPoint.
• Must be able to adapt to confined and sometimes limited living conditions for extended periods of time. In addition must be flexible in terms of last minute changes in itineraries, activities and events.
• If selected, must supply a demo reel of presentation and instructional skill platform.