Full job details
To assist t in d irecting a smooth operation and maintain the highest standards of Cleanliness and Service in Housekeeping Department.
· To demonstrate Rosewood Responsibilities and Core Values in my daily work.
· To be able to take initiative and work productively within any given period of time, and must work well under pressure. W ork flexible hours, including weekends and evenings if necessary.
· To maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
· To attend daily line-ups within Department.
· To demonstrate pride in the workplace with a high level commitment.
· To promote a helpful and professional image to the internal and external customer.
· To use guest names at all times.
· To report to work within the requested time, prior to the commencement of duty, well groomed and dressed to the uniform standard.
· To ensure to utilize training’s received.
· To be responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies.
· To ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
· To operate the ironing and folder machines according to specifications. While processing cleaned articles through the machines, check the cleanliness and condition of each; separate damaged/stained articles.
· To process all soiled hotel bed linens, terry and food and beverage table linens by operating all laundry/dry cleaning machinery in accordance to hotel's standards. Clean, press and finish staff and guest garments, as well as designated guest room fabrics and articles.
· To fold cleaned articles and stack into designated amounts by type and size. Place stacks in specified carts for distribution.
· To replenish F&B closets with clean linens on a daily basis.
· To document and process guest requests for laundry, dry cleaning and pressing of garments, hotel uniforms and designated management garments in accordance with departmental specifications.
· To operate wet cleaning equipment and use specified chemicals according to procedures.
· To process and finish garments according to garment labels.
· To separate stained/damaged hotel uniforms and determine status for repair, recleaning or discard; maintain continuous inventory of discard uniforms.
· To place finished wet cleaning garments in designated areas for distribution.
· To maintain accurate poundage records of dry cleaning and laundry according to departmental procedures.
· To maintain accurate piece count of iron, towel, and pillows.
· To report faulty equipment, damaged garments/linens, shortages, maintenance needs, safety hazards and problems to supervisor.
· To remove lint and debris from drains, dryer filters and change filters as specified in departmental procedures.
· To maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas throughout shift.
· To transport trash containers to dumpster, empty and clean according to standards. Adhere to recycling procedures.
· To breakdown and clean work areas/equipment according to departmental standards.
· To use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean laundry room floor.
· To maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets in accordance with departmental procedures.
· To restock work areas for next shift as assigned.
· To wax iron/towel folder twice daily or as needed.
· To exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- All other duties as required.
Experience: Previous experience in a similar position.
Education: High school diploma.
General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Technical Skills: Knowledge of laundry/dry cleaning equipment and chemical handling; knowledge of finishing techniques for all types of fabrics; ability to operate all machinery in laundry/wet cleaning areas; ability to follow directions; ability to remain extremely alert while operating machinery; ability to exert physical effort in the movement of bundles of soiled/cleaned bed linens, terry and food & beverage linens into/out of laundry machines; ability to endure working in areas of high temperatures with accumulations of lint.
Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
Licenses & Certifications: None required.