Mgr- Events Operation
This job has now expired
With more than 330 managed locations in more than 20 countries Courtyard by Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected and balanced. Working at Courtyard, you'll ensure guests have a smooth, productive stay that meets their personal and business needs. Find Your World™ at Courtyard by Marriott.
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, hotel departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of hotel events. This position primarily handles events of average complexity. Ensures their hotel events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
JOB FAMILY CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Exceeding Customer Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
· Create and Maintain Relationships with Clients - Reach out to clients to help manage the business process, set and meet client expectations and deliver according to the budget.
· Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Communicating Information Timely - Informing and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
· Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
· Improving Service - Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
· Demonstrating Knowledge - Demonstrating knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
· Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships - Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
· Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
· Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Interacting With Computers - Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
· Documenting/Recording Information - Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
· Performing for or Working Directly with the Public - Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.
· Selling or Influencing Others - Convincing others to buy merchandise/goods or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
· Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others - Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other associates, and ensuring accuracy.
· Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
· Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
· Ensures hourly associates understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
· Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures .
· Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
· Leads formal pre-event and post-event meetings for average to large-sized assigned groups.
· Manages group room blocks and meeting space for average to large-sized assigned groups.
Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other associates.
· Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and hotel operations.
· Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
· Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
· Follows up with customer post-event.
· Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS (continued)
Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
· Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
· Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the hotel staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
· Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
· Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
· Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
· Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
· Solicits feedback from the hotel departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
· Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
· Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
· Assists in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
· Take initiative to use his/her experience to improve service performance according to his/her evaluation of the issue and resolution.
· Works with the hotel staff and customers to address operational challenges associated with his/her group.
Assists in the sales process and revenue forecasting for customer groups.
· Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
· Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
· Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio visual) for his/her groups.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; experienced (1 – 2 years of experience) in the event management or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; at least 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
Skills and Knowledge
· Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
· Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
· Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
· Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
· Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
· Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
· Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
· Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
· Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
· Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers' needs.
· High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
· Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
· Problem Solving / Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
· Stress Tolerance - Ability to maintain stable performance and positive relationships with others while under pressure or opposition.
· Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Demonstrates a satisfactory level of position-related technical knowledge and skills.