Full job details
Responsible for setting up and breaking down banquet rooms per guest request and pick up food from back area.
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
· Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
· Set up meeting and banquet rooms following written instructions.
· Transport all required equipment, including but not limited to tables, chairs, vases, glassware and flatware, between kitchen or storage area and appropriate meeting and banquet room.
· Be present at meeting and banquet rooms before and during breaks of meetings or parties to provide any requested service.
· Break down meeting and banquet rooms at end of function.
· Transport all supplies, including, but not limited to tables, chairs, or glassware to appropriate storage or cleaning facility at end of function.
· Ensure all rooms are cleaned following hotel standards and procedures.
· Maintain safety and cleanliness of work station. Ensure work area meets standards set at completion of shift.
· Inspect all equipment. Report any problems to appropriate personnel. Follow up to ensure correction of problem.
· Interact with Captains, guests and co-workers in a helpful and courteous manner.
· Comply with captain's directions to ensure guest and staff satisfaction.
· Attend to guests' requests or complaints when possible and appropriate; when inappropriate inform captain or appropriate person of request and follow up to ensure it was resolved.
· Apply principles of rational thinking to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Interpret and comply with a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
· All other duties as required.
Experience: One to two years of housekeeping, banquets or other type of room set up experience in first class food service establishment.
• Education: High school diploma.
• General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Technical Skills: Must be at least 18 years of age, or of age specified by state alcohol control laws; knowledge and ability to set up and break down meeting and banquet rooms; knowledge of and ability to maintain state and federal health code standards; functional ability to communicate verbally and in writing; ability to add and subtract two digit numbers; ability to perform mathematical operations with units of measure including, but, not limited to feet, inches, cups, pounds and ounces; ability to understand and comply with safety precautions in use of chemicals; ability to maintain good relations with staff and guests; ability to follow verbal and written instructions; ability to converse calmly with irate guests and superiors in sometimes intense emotional situations; ability to walk, stand, lift, reach, pull, push, crouch, kneel, bend, stoop, twist, turn and grasp; ability to participate in and attend all departmental and hotel-wide meetings.
• Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
• Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
• Licenses & Certifications: None required.