Full job details
Ensure that all revenues are properly posted and controlled on a daily basis and that the cash received and reported by the General Cashier tallies with the reports submitted independently by the various revenue centers. Responsible for proper control of the revenues.
· Ensures that the work of the day/night auditor has been properly done.
· Meets with the Front Office Manager in connection with invoices above limit and ensures that the “Credit Check Report above Limit” is signed by him.
· Verifies laundry lists according to the serial numbers and files settled orders systematically for easy reference.
· Controls on a daily basis all cash receipts issued to different outlets.
· Is responsible for maintaining a minimum stock level of blank invoices.
· Checks, as part of the daily audit process, rooms reported as “occupied” in the housekeeper report if they were correctly charged to the guest accounts. Controls if the proper registration procedures were followed, if a proper credit check has been carried out and if there are any discrepancies in the numerical sequence of the folios.
· Ensures that the rooms are sold at the correct rate.
· Carries out on a daily basis an effective internal control by verifying the documents, by checking the rooms’ inventory, by using independent revenue information sources and by carrying out an accurate step by step audit.
· Checks accuracy of bank deposits and reports major deviations to the Assistant Director of Finance for proper action.
· Verifies if given allowances are in accordance to the current policies or if they were approved by an authorized person.
· Makes random checks of F&B invoices by using the number checking sheets.
· Checks frequently guest invoices for errors in pricing particularly for open food items.
· Ensures complete telephone revenue posting.
· Ensures that staff telephone and facsimile charges are properly registered and payments handled in accordance to the policy.
· Reviews administrative calls to identify abuses.
· Makes random checks on guest articles sales invoices.
· Ensures that all audited documents are signed using green ink.
· Carries out other duties that may from time to time be assigned to him by the Assistant Director of Finance
· Experience: Minimum two years’ experience as Account Payable at a 5 star hotel.
· Education: High school diploma; professional certification preferred.
· General Skills: Team Player , positive attitude
· Technical Skills: Micros, sun system and Opera knowledge is requested
· Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency, other languages preferred.
· Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
· Licenses & Certifications: No specific license required