This job is no longer available
Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea.
We are currently searching for Head Bartenders to join our team. Potential candidates must have at five years of experience beverage-related experience in a high-volume four or five star hotel, resort or cruise line.
Reports to: Assistant Bar Manager
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directs, coaches, supports and supervises the performance of bartenders, bar servers and bar utilities, as well as overseeing the bars and lounges assigned by the bar managers.
- Uses a hands-on approach working directly with the bar staff during busy hours, as well as providing coverage during meal hours using complete knowledge of bartending and wine service techniques and fundamentals.
- Conducts on-the-job training to develop and motivate individuals to reach their highest potential.
- Identifies expense reductions, analyzes operational issues and attends training, meetings and work-related activities.
- Responsible to perform in accordance with Celebrity Cruises' Pillars of Safety, Service and Style
- Minimum of five years beverage-related experience
- Ability to analyze reports and documents related to the position
- Ability to speak, read and write English clearly and distinctly
- Must be physically able to participate in life saving drills, safety activities and training