This job is no longer available
- Provides support to the Executive Chef/Sous Chef in the management of all kitchens and related services.
- Responsible for supervising all food operations and personnel.
- In accordance with the Executive Chef/Sous Chef, oversees work schedules, daily work routines and work performance of all kitchen staff.
- Maintains the highest level of sanitation throughout all food areas according to sanitation regulations and company standards.
- Ensures that all kitchen staff comply with companies policies and procedures concerning:
o Personal hygiene
- Assists with the loading and delivery of stores as required.
- Accountable to maintain adequate operational inventory of all items necessary to provide the level of service in accordance with company standards.
- Is capable of conducting the training of all staff under his/her supervision to the highest standards in:
o Customer service
o Sanitation requirements
o Food preparation, presentation and menu cycles.
o Company guidelines
- Ensure that all food service objectives as customer satisfaction are successfully met.
- To lead by example and to act as a role model for all the kitchen staff under his supervision
- Keep a very high profile at all times and is accessible to assist with guest and employee problems.
- Responsible to ensure that the highest levels of food sanitation, preparation and presentation are delivered to all customers in all restaurant areas.
- Must know how to operate all equipment in the kitchen.
- Must have good knowledge of various food presentation and preparation techniques.
- Assist with any and all other services as requested by the Executive Chef/Sous Chef.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills of the English language.
- Strong ability to motivate and train staff in high quality service.
- Must maintain the budgeted food cost as per company policy and procedure, whilst observing the customer needs by maintaining the company’s food preparation and presentation standards.
- Any other work and duties as assigned by their supervisor.
We Require you to have:
Educational Level Diploma or relevant college degree
Language Proficiency - Minimum three years hotel experience.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
Skills - Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have excellent people-skills and be able to create a positive working relationship with other people.
Experience Minimum two years hotel experience.
Certificates Required Professional certification