This job is no longer available
Assists all guests at the Guest Services Desk, but concentrates specifically on non-English-speaking groups and individual guests with their special needs and requirements in their native languages so as to give them a full, first class cruise experience.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services
Must have the ability to effectively read, speak, write and accurately translate English & German primarily but knowledge of Spanish, French, Italian and/or Japanese appreciated.
*Works in conjunction with, and assists, the Group Services Coordinator and Guest Service Manager with handling special requests such as Honeymoon set-ups, Anniversary Packages, Birthday Packages, special dietary needs, medical needs, etc. for non-English-speaking guests. Follows up to ensure departments responsible have completed the requirements.
*Contacts Group Leaders of non-English-speaking guests to assist the Group Services Coordinator in organizing group events.
*Contacts non-English-speaking guests when necessary to offer assistance in making restaurant bookings, ordering special local/dietary food, arranging special tours on board and with shore excursions.
*Available for daily, advertised desk hours at the Guest Services Desk to answer questions and provide assistance to non-English-speaking guests.
*Assists at embarkation, disembarkation and port talks, as well as being present during these times to assist non-English-speaking guests where necessary. Available at Immigration and Customs inspections
Meets and greets their respective German, or (Spanish, French, Italian) guests accordingly.
*Assists with related collateral for all non-English-speaking guests and ensures necessary items are properly translated and placed in the correct staterooms.
*Assists with personalized collateral for suites in coordination with the Concierge such as welcome letter, stationary, invitations etc.
*Must be able to provide quality service for a large passenger vessel that can include from 1,000 to 3,000 guests.
*Must be able to provide information and translation in one or more Non-English-speaking languages for up to 400 guests.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & ATTRIBUTES
* Full proficiency in reading, writing and effectively communicating in English with the ability to translate text from English to German primarily or additionally to any of the following languages: Spanish , Italian, Japanese, and/or French required..
* Must be service oriented, with strong customer service/problem solving skills
* Able to work independently, and be well organized.
* Must be a quick and critical thinker, and a patient listener.
* Able to speak publicly to large groups if necessary.
* Possess typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise, Micros).
2-year Associates degree or equivalent in Public Relations, or Translations, and/or Hotel
management from a recognized hotel institution, and at least one-year
management experience in Hotel and/or hospitality establishments.
2-year Associates degree or equivalent in Public Relations and/or Hotel Management from a recognized hotel institution, and at least one-year management experience in Front office related positions on board ships.
* Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
* Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
* Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
* Respect for all co-workers and guests
* Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
* Able to work 7 days a week
* Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
* Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
* Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates