This job is no longer available
* Reporting to the Executive Chef, the candidate must be able to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Arabic Restaurant and the Banquet kitchen and he is responsible for efficient control, stocking, dispensing and security of all commodities.
* Replaces the Executive Sous Chef during his absence
* Assists the Executive Chef in research and test of new products and dishes
* Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
* Very good knowledge of Arabic cuisine
* To ensure good liaison with associates, management and guests
* Able to handle large events and outside caterings
* Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
* Good presentation skills
* Strong organization skills
* To pro-actively explore new solutions and products enhancing the company's standards.
* To develop and continuously improve product knowledge liaising with suppliers for their support.
* To motivate, manage and review direct reportees performance in accordance with the hotels standards.
* Previous 5 star hotel or resort experience, preferable in the Middle East as Sous Chef
* High school diploma or similar required.
* Excellent command of English language (both oral and written). Arabic and other additional languages are an advantage.
* Pre-opening experience is highly desirable
* Computer skills (MS Office, e-mail, MC)
IS THIS YOU?
* Pro-active, dynamic, focused and goal oriented
* Capable to multi-task and manage a number of tasks simultaneously
* Eye for detail
* Exceptional interpersonal skills
* Respect dead-lines
* Drive for continuous improvement
* Motivated by achieving and exceeding goals
* Passionate about the hospitality industry
* Excellent listening skills
* Strong sense for team ethics
* Excellent understanding of health and safety aspects
* Enjoys working with a multi-cultural team
If your answers on the above were "Yes, yes, yes,....and again yes, then what are you waiting for? Send us your application."
* The role is available now
The Ajman Palace - HR Department
Quote: "Job Title and/or Reference you're applying for"
NB: Dear Applicant,
We would like to ask you to attach duly signed CVs and provide us with two Reference Letters preferably all documents in PDF upon applying for the position.
Thank you for your time and consideration,
Human Resources Team