2nd Engineer - Watchkeeper
Full job details
At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative fleet of twenty-one ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this could be a great opportunity to let your career set sail with us.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Should be thoroughly familiar with all company environmental policies and work in full cooperation with his superiors and subordinates to ensure compliance with policies and directives to safeguard the environment.
- Responsible to immediately and directly inform the Chief Engineer whenever an environmental system is improperly functioning and shall always strive to ensure that all environmental systems within his department are operated and maintained to A.B.C. (Above and Beyond Compliance) standards.
- Area of responsibility for each 2nd Engineer will be delegated by the Chief Engineer.
- Minimum of the following systems should be covered, where applicable:
· Watchkeeping Duties.
· Main Diesel engines with systems and equipment.
· Auxiliary Diesel engines with belonging systems and equipment
· Boiler plant, with related pumps, pipes, valves, heat exchangers, and sludge burning devices.
· Evaporators and Reverse Osmosis plant with associated equipment, including, but not limited to pumps, pipes, valves, softening filters and mineralizers.
· All chemical dosage plants for fresh and sea water.
· Analyses and dosage of boiler water, cooling water, and heeling tank systems.
· Soot Blowing / Infrasonic system.
· Diesel-oil, fuel oil, gas-oil, and lubrication-oil systems. Pre-heaters, separators, cleaning equipment, and transfer pumps.
· Bilge, Ballast and Heeling systems with related pipes and valves.
· Emergency diesels with related systems.
· Steering gear and related systems.
· Stabilizer systems.
· Propeller shaft and stern tube with related systems and equipment.
· Starting air compressors and receivers
· Working air compressors and receivers.
· Instrument air compressors and receivers.
· Air Compressors for Bow Thrusters.
· Emergency air compressor and receiver.
· Watertight doors with hydraulic systems.
· Shell-gates with hydraulic systems (including tender embarkation platforms).
· Lifeboats, tender boats, and rescue boats engines
· Winches for lifeboats, tender boats, rescue boats and life rafts
· Bow Thrusters with belonging hydraulic installation.
· Pneumatic valves, with belonging systems.
· All Elysator systems
· Azipod and Fixipod lubricating oil systems including Steering Gear and associated hydraulic systems.
· AMRI Valves
· Clutches, reduction gear, propeller shafts and stern tubes, with belonging system and equipment.
· Hydraulic plant for pitch propellers.
· All steam valves, auto and manual.
· Filters for the LIPS system.
· Additional routines and work as assigned by supervisor
We are currently searching for 2 nd Engineers - Watchkeeper to join our team.
This Engineer shall assist the 1st Engineer with the maintenance and repair of following installations, and in this respect he is directly subordinate to him.
More than 40,000 people have already selected Royal Caribbean International to be their employer and so should you!
· Ability to read, write, and speak English clearly and distinctly
· All international applicants must have the ability to obtain a C1/D1 Visa
· Applicants must be able to accommodate contract schedule as assigned
· Ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training