This job is no longer available
At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative, award-winning fleet of ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this is a great opportunity to let your career set sail.
Join our dynamic team as a Dive Instructor. The position coordinates the SeaTrek program onboard the vessel and on the islands and also provides guided tours, instruction and promotes rentals on the islands.
Potential candidates should have Professional Association of Diving Instructor (PADI) Open Water Scuba Instructor certification (Minimum of 50 certifications required). The candidate should have CPR certification and life saving certification from the American Red Cross or similar certifying organizations. Further, on selection, the candidate should also be able to provide proof of possession of PADI Insurance from Vicencia and Buckley of the USA before assignment. Remember, working at Royal Caribbean is more than a job, it's a career!
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Onboard the vessel, works daily shifts promoting and selling SeaTrek activities for the islands and various shore excursions.
- Arranges Conducts PADI scuba diving courses consisting of classroom and pool activities, according to PADI regulations and SeaTrek Program guidelines.
- Accompanies guests on scuba diving and snorkeling excursions.
- On island, prepares the Dive shop for the day's activities. Issues snorkeling equipment to guests participating in the SeaTrek program.
- Minimum Professional Association of Diving Instructor (PADI) Open Water Scuba Instructor certification is required.
- Minimum of 50 certifications required for vessels offering PADI Scuba Instruction classes.
- CPR certification and life saving certification from the American Red Cross or similar certifying organization.
- Proof and possession of PADI insurance from Vicencia and Buckley of the USA. Liability coverage required is US$1,000,000 for bodily injury & property and US $2,000,000 for combined single limit and annual aggregate.
- Ability to speak English clearly and distinctly and be able to understand and interpret written procedures in English
- Physical ability to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills including lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable