Tea Master, Chinese Restaurant
Full job details
The main responsibility of the Tea Master is to be involved in day to day operations, ensuring that all standard procedures, rules and regulations, the quality of service and sequence of service are highly implemented and emphasized. The Tea Master facilitates all guest needs and expectations by providing exceptional tea service and knowledge of different teas. They will be a master in how to properly prepare, boil, blend, infuse, and present each tea at the correct temperature while using traditional tea ware.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Palm Jumeirah is a world-class property opening on the 1st September 2012 on the iconic Palm Island in Dubai. The hotel will feature 381 guest rooms and suites with two Fairmont Gold floors. A total of eight food and beverage outlets on property will offer international dining options including Szechwan cuisine, a Brazilian steak house plus separate cigar and wine bars. The property will be positioned as a Luxury Hotel joining other internationally branded hotels on the 'island', which will generate tremendous anticipation both in the UAE and worldwide. In addition, the high regard that the Fairmont brand is afforded in the region will result in very high expectations for flawless service delivery from day-one.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Demonstrates Fairmont's Service Plus Standards in all interactions
- Ensures that the standards of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts are maintained and highly implemented
- Participate in service as necessary in accordance with Restaurant/Bar needs
- Ensure hotel grooming and personal appearance standards are met
- Control stocks for daily use in the restaurant to ensure service requirement of the Restaurant are met
- Control breakage, waste and spoilage
- Ensuring Safe and Healthy work environment for all the Guests and the Colleagues
- Conduct all Administrative work required
- Maintaining the Restaurant's cleanliness as well as ensuring all maintenance needs are looked after
- Checking of expiry dates and non-dated products on daily basis
- Schedules Guest Reservations and arranges for private functions or special parties
- Performs job related duties and special projects assigned
- Establishes guest data
- Follows Hotel's telephone etiquette standards
- Follows Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Ensures adherence to Fairmont's Code of Ethics
- Previous experience is an asset
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
- Must be guest-oriented and colleague oriented, have a vibrant personality, and radiate enthusiasm to assist people
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Must be computer literate and analytical
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!