This job is no longer available
Imagine a unique and enriching opportunity to explore your true potential, to achieve success as part of a stellar team, to travel to exotic locations and provide extraordinary service in an amazingly social environment. If you have a passion for excellence, exuberant energy, and the ambition for a rewarding career, journey onboard as an Azamara Club Cruises team member. It's the experience of a lifetime!
We are currently searching for Assistant Chief Housekeepers to join the team. This exciting position works closely with the chief housekeeper in order to efficiently maintain this important onboard area. Potential candidates must have at least two years of housekeeping managerial experience in a four or five start hotel, resort or cruise line.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates alongside the Chief Housekeeper the performance of all direct reports, while mentoring, developing training and providing on-the-job assistance
- Manages guest inquiries which require attention, interacts with guests regularly and visits staterooms
- Reviews financial transactions to ensure expenditures are within budget limitations, manages audit findings, and constantly reviews current operating procedures for revenue-enhancement opportunities
· Minimum of two years experience in managerial housekeeping in a four or five star hotel, resort or cruise line
· Ability to accommodate a 4 months on / 2 months off contract schedule for this onboard position
· Demonstrated aptitude for the financial aspects of a housekeeping operation, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control
· Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited university or college, or international equivalent
· Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life saving drills and required training
· Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly
· All international applicants must have the ability to obtain a C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable