Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea.
Celebrity Cruises currently requires Sous Chefs to join our team! The position assists the Executive Chef/Chef in the supervision of the galley's operation on a day-to-day basis according to the company policies.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates should have minimum five or more years successful experience as a Chef de Partie / Sous Chef in a five star resort, hotel or cruise ship.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the Executive Chef/Chef) the performance of all direct reports.
- Each Sous Chef will be assigned schedule an area of the galleys by the Executive Chef/Chef and will be held accountable for the expected results.
- Works very closely with the Assistant Food Manager in order to accomplish tasks related to equipment control and maintenance, as well as USPH rules.
- Works with the Chef to establish work schedules for all Cooks.
- Minimum of five years experience as a Cook Tournant / Sous Chef in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service (shipboard experience preferred.
- Culinary School degree required.
- Very strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
- Strong planning, coaching, organizing, staffing, controlling, and evaluating skills.
- Intermediate computer software skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable.
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required.