Waiter/waitress - Shimmers F&B Service (Mina A' Salam)
This job has now expired
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, U.S.A and the Middle East.
The Madinat Jumeirah is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage and is styled to resemble an ancient Arabian citadel. With two grand boutique hotels, courtyard summer houses, a traditional souk, Talise Spa, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, unlimited recreational facilities and the superlative Quay Health club this combines to make the Madinat Jumeirah the most fascinating Resort in the world.About the role:
- Provide knowledgeable, friendly, professional and efficient F&B Service and to all guests ensuring maximum guest satisfaction in a manner consistent with MJ standards.
- Maintain efficient workflow by adhering to the Sequence of Service and all timeframes and standards detailed in relevant SOPs in the F&B Standards Manual.
- Anticipate customer needs and expectations correctly, including those with special needs, and provide appropriate products, services or information.
- Meet all reasonable needs and requests of customers within acceptable enterprise time frames.
- Identify and take all opportunities to enhance the quality of service (upselling, guest recognition, resort knowledge)
- Recognize customer dissatisfaction promptly and take action to resolve the situation according to individual level of responsibility and MJ customer feedback/ complaint procedures.
- Offer assistance to colleagues when required, to ensure designated work goals are met.
- Demonstrate trust, support and respect towards team members in day-to-day work activities.
- Conduct communication with customers and colleagues in a polite, professional and friendly manner.
- Practice high standards of personal presentation in accordance with JI & MJ Grooming & Presentation Standards
- Seek assistance from other team members, supervisors and managers when required.
- Have a working understanding of all MJ Food and Beverage restaurant and bars in order to properly direct and advise guests.
- Prepare Outlet for service utilizing opening checklist and as instructed through briefings.
- Prepare and set tables and/or trays (Private Dining) according to F&B SOPs, Outlet Requirements and as per meal period and customer requirements.
- Provide a link between kitchen/bar and service areas, maintaining an open-line of communication with F&B Production colleagues.
- Accurately take & process orders.
- Serve & clear food and drinks within required timeframes.
- Provide table service of alcoholic beverages.
- Where required (& trained to do so), provide Silver and/or Gueridon service.
- Maintain good knowledge of menu to answer questions the guests may have.
- Actively uses the standards detailed in F&B Enquiry/ Booking Checklist when taking Restaurant enquiries or bookings.
- Knowledgeable of all in-house services as well as local information and be able to assist guests when questioned.
- Has a working knowledge of the Outlet room layout, table numbers, stations and colleagues working during each shift.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of all menu items, MJ F&B Service procedures and JI Hygiene Standards.
- Private Dining: Has a working knowledge of the hotel room layout, room/villa numbers and colleagues working during each shift.
- Mini Bar: Maintains working knowledge of mini bar contents and layout.
- Pool Bar Only: Escort guest and arrange sun bed, towel and neck rest.
- Review the notice board and outlet briefing sheets on a daily basis to be well informed of hotel events, city information, sold-out items, daily specials and any other information that may be relevant to the job.
- Complete cleaning, opening & closing checklists, and other checklists/ forms when instructed by senior colleagues.
- Assist in recording inventories/ stock-takes as required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of individual contribution to department objectives.
- Attend training sessions as scheduled.
- Suggest to manager or departmental trainer any training needed to enhance performance.
- Perform side duties including folding napkins, rolling silverware, cleaning trays, restocking shelves, filling ice bins, cleaning and breaking down service area, using cleaning compounds, and other duties as required.
- Report any possible theft or misuse of Resort property immediately to a member of management.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Outlet Manager/ Assistant Manager/ Team Leader or Senior Management.
- Clearly understands their role in an emergency or evacuation.
- Secondary education
- preferrably holding a hotel degree
- 2 years restaurant F&B service experience in a 5 star hotel
- must speak English fluently
- good knowledge of Food and Beverage applications (epicure, micros)