This job is no longer available
Comprising two floors of public areas together with a 22 floor guest room tower, all rooms at Hilton Doha will feature a panoramic view of the Arabian Gulf, plus views of the beach and marina. The hotel's facilities will include a dedicated conference wing with meeting rooms and a ballroom, restaurants and extensive leisure, fitness and recreation facilities.
Responsible for the management of activities within the department, ensuring the standards and objectives of the department are implemented and maintained in equipment operation, staff management, and product quality to meet and exceed guest expectations.
• Conduct applicant screening and interviews for Engineering positions.
• Make recommendations as to hiring, advancement, discipline and promotion to Director of Engineering.
• Ensures department spending held within budgetary limits on line spending.
• Ensures the directives and standards are followed and maintained within department.
• Staff training, assignments and supervision.
• Ensures quality performance in staff assignments.
• Ensures building code and quality standards at departmental and interdepartmental levels.
• Monitors equipment and special preventative maintenance standards to ensure quality product.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable adjustments.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o Ability to effectively deal with a variety of audiences, some of whom will require high levels of patience,
tact and diplomacy.
o Strong computer literacy including knowledge of Windows XP and Microsoft Office Suite of products
including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
o Proficiency in basic mathematics and good analytical skills.
o Abilty to exercise independent judgement and discretion while performing various responsibilities.
o Ability to prioritize workload; managing various projects and demands on a concurrent basis.
o Ability to work independently.
o Ability to work quickly and under pressure to meet deadlines.
o Strong organizational skills.
o Knowledge of effective reporting and tracking systems for project planning and execution.
o Good problem solving and research skills.
What benefits will I receive? Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement; reduced room rates in our hotels plus discounts on a whole range of products and services; and a range of other excellent benefits that you would expect from a global Hotel organisation.