This job is no longer available
Catering & Conference Services Coordinator
Catering & Conference Services CoordinatorAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Your vision and leadership as Catering & Conference Services Coordinator will ensure an engaged team, efficient operations - and service that exceed the expectations of every client.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Palm Jumeirah is a world-class property opening on the 1st September 2012 on the iconic Palm Island in Dubai. The hotel will feature 381 guest rooms and suites with two Fairmont Gold floors. A total of eight food and beverage outlets on property will offer international dining options including Szechwan cuisine, a Brazilian steak house plus separate cigar and wine bars. The property will be positioned as a Luxury Hotel joining other internationally branded hotels on the 'island', which will generate tremendous anticipation both in the UAE and worldwide. In addition, the high regard that the Fairmont brand is afforded in the region will result in very high expectations for flawless service delivery from day-one.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Catering & Conference Services, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Act as departmental liaison with customers, in absence of Manager/Director
- Effectively respond to general inquiries and direct/handle them appropriately.
- General Document production and distribution; to include but not limited to - contracts, amenity requests, turnover letters, BEO's, pre-convention booklets, group resumes, daily event boards, etc
- General activities; to include but not limited to - process deposit checks, faxing and retrieving of departmental documents, mailing outbound materials, checking inbound mailboxes, monitor VIPs, ensure cut off dates, create booking files, lobby board postings, daily signage, meeting agendas/minutes, purchase orders, etc
- Organize catering and/or convention booking files from date of departure, and maintain accurate activities within files consistently
- Obtain/confirm event-related information (to include, but not limited to - meeting specifications, audio visual, rooming lists, technical needs, exhibit needs, food and beverage requirements, etc) with client, organize/distribute group resumes, conference agendas, event orders, floorplans, etc to all operating partners accurately, and in a timely manner
- Handle internal events efficiently, to allow for revenue generation maximization while still addressing internal needs
- Conduct any/all site inspections as required. Able to handle 'walk-in' inquiries
- Attend necessary meetings within hotel that effect/are effected by the Catering, Conference Services &/or Events department
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business.
- Additional responsibilities, as outlined by Director, Assistant Director or Manager
- Previous experience within luxury market, in similar or related role, preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required (Micros Opera S&C, and Meeting Matrix preferred)
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong leadership, excellent interpersonal skills, and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible, reliable and ethical. A reputation for honesty and integrity
- Ability to multi-task and take direction from multiple sources; while still prioritizing and maintaining control over workload
- Team player who is results oriented and highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work days, nights and weekend; when necessary
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts-and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities-throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific-as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!