Fitness and Spa Manager-Crowne Plaza Doha The Business Park (Pre
Full job details
Job: Sales & Marketing
Schedule: Full Time
Do you see yourself as Fitness and Spa Manager?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who put their guests at the heart of everything they do. We're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At InterContinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 4,000 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing together your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the world over.
At the moment we're looking for Fitness and Spa Manager to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park as a pre-opening team member in the State of Qatar. The Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, part of IHG is a 378 spacious, modern rooms, suites hotel and Residential apartments in the heart of Doha's banking district, located close to both business and leisure attraction with an easy connection to the airport. With highly versatile events space including Executive boardroom, 6 Meeting Rooms and a 3150 sqm Events Centre.
What the job involves:
As a Fitness and Spa Manager , you will conduct fitness, sport and recreation activities and classes You will be responsible for promoting and handling all requests regarding fitness, sport and recreation activities. You will assist departments in developing attitudes of health and well-being of staff through fitness, sport and recreation programs. You will select and maintain a range of fitness activities and equipment in good working order.
Job Summary -
. The Recreation Manager is responsible in the over-all operations of the Recreation Department.
. He/ she should be able to provide help, initiate and assist with specific detail to the physical fitness regimen of all Guests & Members.
. Showing special attention to safety, cleanliness, over all health and well being.
. Making their fitness experience one that will not be forgotten.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
Have a good under standing of human anatomy, biomechanics & exercise physiology.
1. Be able to confidently conduct personal training sessions, with professionalism, safety and direction.
2. Analyze Guests & Members fitness levels accurately and regularly keeping up to date files and revue as required.
3. Demonstrate accurate, confidently and effective exercise programs.
4. Lead exercise programs and classes with exuberance, flair and imagination as inecessary in the absence of a fitness instructor.
5. Create and supervise other activities for groups as required.
6. Recognize and acknowledge all Guests & Members to encourage a friendly, welcoming and social atmosphere, which promotes good health & well-being.
Do you have what it takes to be a leader in the world's most global company?
If so, make it happen and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of personal and professional opportunities exist.
Skills and Knowledge you will need:
- A graduate of Physical Therapy or related course or equivalent experience
- Must have experience managing a fitness and Spa operations
- Must have attended and completed trainings and seminars on Personal Training ang Group Lessons
- Energetic, a team player and self motivated
- Able to manage his time well
- Minimum of 5 years experience in health club or sports center and at least two years in a supersory level
- Experience in hotel is preferable