This job is no longer available
At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative, award-winning fleet of ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this is a great opportunity to let your career set sail.
We are currently searching for Sound Technicians to join our team! This position has a six month onboard contract. Successful candidates will be considered for regular Sound Technicians assignments based on their successful performance.
Royal Caribbean International is searching for Sound Technicians ready for an exciting life at sea. Imagine spending your day rehearsing and designing programming with entertainers or production groups and your evenings executing the most professional entertainment at sea. Join and become one of our team of experts.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates should have a minimum of two years' experience and a solid background in live sound reinforcement (Experience in musical theater is preferred).
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Operating and maintaining all aspects of the sound system(s) in various entertainment venues for rehearsals, shows, special events and other activities.
- Assist with and oversee the set up, positioning and strike of microphones, audio snakes and cables, headphone amplifiers, stage monitors and other equipment for all applicable rehearsals, performances, events and activities along with its care and storage.
- Meet with guest entertainers and certain groups to find out what their audio-related requirements may be for upcoming rehearsals, shows or activities.
- Routine & preventive maintenance of all related systems / equipments.
- Have a minimum of two years' experience and a solid background in live sound reinforcement. Experience in musical theater is preferred.
- Be proficient in the operation of analog sound consoles such as those manufactured by Yamaha, Crest, and Mackie, analog gear such as compressors, limiters, noise gates, graphic and parametric equalizers, and effects processors such as those manufactured by Lexicon, T.C. Electronics, Eventide, and Yamaha.
- Be proficient in programming and operation of digital mixers such as those from Yamaha, and have some knowledge of digital consoles such as those from Euphonix and DiGiCo.
- Must be able to do basic troubleshooting and basic, routine maintenance on many types of audio gear including amplifiers, consoles, outboard audio gear, and be able to detect and replace blown speaker drivers.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.