This job is no longer available
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues and Leaders who model our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment. Lead your team by example as Credit Manager, where you will model responsible business practices and interpersonal skills as you liaise with both internal and external customers.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Palm Jumeirah is a world-class property opening in the second quarter of 2012 on the iconic Palm Island in Dubai. The hotel will feature 381 guest rooms and suites with two Fairmont Gold floors. A total of eight food and beverage outlets on property will offer international dining options including Szechwan cuisine, a Brazilian steak house plus separate cigar and wine bars. The property will be positioned as a Luxury Hotel joining other internationally branded hotels on the 'island', which will generate tremendous anticipation both in the UAE and worldwide. In addition, the high regard that the Fairmont brand is afforded in the region will result in very high expectations for flawless service delivery from day-one.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Finacial Comptroller, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Credit department and ensure all standards are followed
- Ensure all procedures regarding billing, collection, credit cards, inquiries, cheque cashing are followed
- Inspect all in-house accounts to ensure adherence to the hotels' credit policy; assist with the collection efforts of these accounts where necessary
- Ensure local credit policies are followed
- Review all requests for credit and approve as appropriate according to the in-house credit policies
- Communicate approval or non-approval to the appropriate managers
- Ensure proper handling of the filing systems in place according to policies and procedures
- Monitor accounts receivables as required
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a credit department required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts-and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities-throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific-as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!