At Celebrity Cruises, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, Celebrity is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative, award-winning fleet of ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this is a great opportunity to let your career set sail.
We are currently seeking International Host/ess to join our team. The position provides personalized customer service, language assistance and translation to our valued guests, enhancing their understanding and enjoyment of their exciting Celebrity experience.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates must be able to speak and write English, Spanish, Italian, German and French fluently, and have excellent customer service skills.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintains highest level of guest satisfaction by answering inquiries, offering suggestions, and providing descriptive literature in various languages pertaining to shore excursions, onboard activities, entertainment and other available guest accommodations.
- Welcomes non-English guests, serves as a translator when needed in any department, translates documents and announcements, and arranges for a variety of invitations, reports, and letters to be prepared in various languages.
- Assists guests with translating spoken passages, documents, and other material from one language to another. Provides consecutive or simultaneous translation between languages.
- Works closely with the Documentation Officer in regards to Customs and Immigration during the embarkation and debarkation process.
- Ability to speak fluently, read and write English, Spanish, Italian, German and French. (A language proficiency test may be required).
- Customer service experience utilizing a variety of languages in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with guests, department heads and crew members to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety desktop publishing software packages.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.