Assistant Chief Steward
Full job details
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Steward, is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of steward personnel engaged in dishwashing, sanitation, storage, and distribution of all types of tableware, kitchen utensils, and other Food & Beverage operating equipment's.
· Ensures that working areas and equipment's are hygienically clean and in order and that supplies are on hand with proper control, to ensure efficient service.
· Conducts bi-monthly inventory of operating equipment's in all outlets to ensure control of breakage & losses.
· Initiates requisition for cleaning materials and other supplies to the minimum to prevent wastage & misuse.
· Schedules daily, weekly, & periodically cleaning of food production outlets and equipment's.
· Ensures that proper hygiene & sanitation is observed in all areas including the staff cafeteria.
· Monitors the consumption of chemicals in all machines & wash-up areas.
· To have complete understanding of and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety
· To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
· To evaluate the performance of individual Stewarding personnel base on the quality
· Exercises administrative supervision over all stewarding personnel that include personnel requisition, promotion, granting of disciplinary action, training, rosters, and overtime requests.
· To have complete document of all stewarding activities such as:
o Daily Hygiene checklist/ Assured Safe Catering
o Training records
o F&B operating equipment records
o Pending Maintenance Records
· Ensures low breakage and proper maintenance of all equipment's by facilitating appropriate trainings.
· Controls the release of equipment's to banquet for outside catering.
· Overseas the proper maintenance of all dish washing machine in his areas.
· Set auditing & inspection schedules of F&B areas & coordinate to Engineering department to ensure proper maintenance of all machinery & food processing equipment's.
· Communicates effectively with guest, immediate superior, business partners and staff
· Participates community project or activities in order to promoting the hotel's image and cooperation to improve community relationship
· To be good salesperson to promote hotel's image and business
· Participates in all activities related to Municipality Food Hygiene meeting, Assured Safe Catering Programme, etc.
human resources Responsibilities
· To evaluate objectively the performance of individual stewarding personnel
· Coach and counsels all steward personnel when applicable
· Motivates employees to grow within the hotel and to be better managed
· To provides the most effective training to all stewarding personnel
· Directs and supervise activities of the steward personnel in the operation, redeploying employees as necessary to maximize productivity.
· Coordinates closely with the Executive Chef on special cleaning schedules.
· Coordinate closely with F&B Director on scheduling of the Operating equipment Inventory
· Maintain Good working relationships with colleagues and all other department
· To work with all stewarding personnel to maximize employee morale and productivity
· &n bsp; Senior High School Graduated or College, computer literate, a related field or equivalent similarity experience required.
· &n bsp; Minimum 2 years or equivalent experience with strong leadership in a similar position.
· &n bsp; Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 50 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.