Guest Services Assistant, Quay Healthclub - Mina A'Salam
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, U.S.A and the Middle East.
The Madinat Jumeirah is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage and is styled to resemble an ancient Arabian citadel. With two grand boutique hotels, courtyard summer houses, a traditional souk, Talise Spa, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, unlimited recreational facilities and the superlative Quay Health club this combines to make the Madinat Jumeirah the most fascinating Resort in the world.About the role:
To work in rotation with other Guest Services Assistant ensuring a friendly welcome to the Quay Healthclub, guest satisfaction and the highest standard of service at all times.
Answer telephone calls within 3 rings and adhering to the Jumeirah Telephone Standards
- Attend to all guests who approach the reception area in a timely / professional manner.
- Attend to guest registration procedure efficiently and reservations using the Baron System, taking note of all essential details.
- Take squash / fitness reservation using the Baron booking system.
- Enter all guest data in the computer immediately and accurately.
- Ensure that leaflets and flyers are always available.
- Handle and provide towels / locker key to all members and guests
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of basic cashiering as provided by the accounts department and to be proficient in cash handling, book keeping and cash transfers.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all the products and services of Quay Healthclub and the Resort as a whole and to be able to sell these services and products to the members / guests.
- Participate in any scheduled training programs.
- Conducts show around with regards to guest / membership facilities
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and filing records of aerobics classes, fast messages & Lost & Found etc.
- Ensure that Squash & Tennis Racquets and balls available at all times
- Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of the reception area at all times
- Collect the general requisition on a weekly basis
- Maintaining stocks of stationary, water bottles & apples
- Ensure that relationships with colleagues are good maximizing team spirit and co-operation to the good of the department and the hotel.
- Secondary Education
- Minimum 1 year experience in guest services in a 5 star Hotel
- Minimum 1 year of experience as Coordinator / Administrator or similar role
- Fluent in English at Business Level in verbal and written communications
- Excellent Computer Skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint)
- Additional languages (Russian speaker desired)
- Knowledge of Fidelio & Micros systems
- Experience with Membership software (Baron) or similar program