This job is no longer available
Salary $4,000 to -$4,500 pm, plus benefits, accommodation, All meals provided, Laundry, Resort Outlet discounts, Medical Insurance, Vacation ticketing annually to country of nationality, (after 1st year service) free use of some of the resorts water sport facilities
Reports to General Manager
Responsible for Asst. Chief Engineer/Head Carpenter/Head Plumber
Our Client is a beautiful hotel resort chain in the Maldives this resort chain has a number of holiday resorts in the Maldives only accessible by a seaplane flight or boat, the resorts guests choose from different categories of accommodation from exotic bungalows to wonderful villas some of the resorts have golf courses and Spas.
Reporting to the General Manager Your main role will be to oversee and direct all aspects of Maintenance operations. You will be Responsible in maintaining all the property owned belongings both interior and exterior.
Duties & Responsibilities include
• Be responsible for maintenance of all hotel building services including air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration, electrical installation, lighting system, plumbing system, boiler, Laundry, Kitchen, lift, fire protection, escalator, sound system, TV system, etc.
• Direct maintenance staff by determine workloads and schedules
• Implement policies and procedures.
• Ensures that staff is trained in complex maintenance activities and are following standard operation procedures.
• Directs the implementation of specific safety training program, and assures work force compliance with job safety requirements.
• Establish and directs annual maintenance programs, to include off-season testing and overhaul of heating and refrigeration system, building maintenance and generator systems and machinery overhaul.
• Analyses and evaluates property energy consumption and recommends methods and materials to conserve energy and water.
• Coordinates department’s activities with other departments, programs and sections, including scheduling and resolving problems; coordinates and inspects work performed by staffs and contractors.
• Ensures that safety training is provided to staff and that proper safety practices are followed.
• Responds to emergencies as required; coordinates activities with other responders; directs the work of staff and utilization of resources to affect repair and ensure the safety of the property and community.
• May perform a variety of field maintenance tasks, depending upon experience and level of certification.
• Prepares records related to the work performed and materials and supplies used; enters invoices in the computerized system.
• Make sure that all staff (Maintenance/Carpentry/Plumbing) leaves are approved and cleared in due time.
• To ensure that all employees are treated respectively and equally
• Supervises the Maintenance/Carpentry & Plumbing operations.
• Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with other Department Heads, as required.
• To make sure all maintenance and repairs are made in a preventative manner to ensure limited increased costs
• Contribute to the moral and team spirit of the hotel by maintaining good relationships with colleagues
• Perform any additional duties or special projects as directed by the Management
• Be fully conversant with all health and safety, fire and emergency procedures
• Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene, dress, uniform and body language
• Be polite and professional in any situation where the image of the Resort is represented
• Attend Meetings as required by the Management
• Ensure that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically and within the parameters of the Maldivian Law
• Coordinates exchange of information between departments within the Maintenance and direct exchange of information with other departments.
• Conducts such functions as interviewing, orientation, performance appraisal, coaching, counselling, and training to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
• Identifies training needs, develops formal training plans and implements training programs.
• Assumes overall responsibility for maintaining standards to ensure facilities and equipment’s are clean, in good repair and well maintained.
• Schedules and regularly conducts routine inspections of all resort areas
• Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of Maintenance colleagues.
• Conducts daily departmental meetings to include review of procedures and events that requires special handling and detailed information.
• Controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, Maintenance costs to ensure performance against budget.
• Monitors and controls the inventories for operating equipment and supplies.
• Communicates to the General Manager/EAM Operations all information likely to be of interest to them.
• Monitors and controls the Maintenance Operation in the areas of revenue, expenditure, profitability and performance against budget.
• Ensures that all machineries and engines are in good running condition, well-kept and maintained.
• Conducts regular servicing to all machineries and engines including vehicles such as Lorries, vans, motorbike and bicycle.
• Co-ordinates with concerned departments / areas with regard to Job Orders and ensure that works are done in an efficient and prompt manner.
• Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Include preventive and predictive maintenance, planned system overhauls, and on-call repair services.
Required Qualification for the Position
• Capable of managing and motivating a large, diverse group of employees.
• Computer literate.
• Exposure to budgeting and basic financial knowledge
• Knowledge of modern trends and applications in the field of engineering.
• Ability to lead staffs, and work cooperatively with others, and peoples managing skills
• Knowledge and understanding of the design and implementation of the building preventive maintenance program.
• College Graduate of engineering course.
• 5-8 years in a position as Chief Engineer in a 5* hotel.
• Have specialized knowledge on water treatment, hydraulics, chiller, air flows, H.V.A.C., L.V., electronics, sound, TV, lighting, elevators, boilers, pumps, etc.
• Possess knowledge of the requirements of government regulations and technical regulations.
• Be capable of following specifications for hotel services.
• Possess knowledge of energy conservation.
• Proficient in English and other languages preferred
• Have at least 8 years’ experience in hotel/building services or other appropriate Engineering field
• Degree in Engineering
If this really great opportunity is for you and you match the requested work history and background for the role,
Please send me your up to date and professional CV. Kindly ensure it has all of your contact details clearly listed with the correct telephone numbers on too!
I am here to help should you have any questions and I look forward to supporting your application. Should you need to contact me at any time, please feel free?
Phone Line: +44 (0) 1189 345 900
Direct Line: +44 (0) 5601 181 798
Mobile: +44 (0) 7833 454 268
Fax: +44 (0) 870 912 4292