This job is no longer available
At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative, award-winning fleet of ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this is a great opportunity to let your career set sail.
We are currently searching for Slot Technicians to join our team! This position has a six month onboard contract. Successful candidates will be considered for regular Slot Technicians assignments based on their successful performance.
Why settle for a job in Las Vegas or Reno when you can work and sail the seven seas aboard Royal Caribbean's luxury floating resort. Join our team as a Slot Technician and work with state-of-the-art equipment in our casinos, game rooms and gym while visiting exotic destinations and meeting new people!
Potential candidates should have formal training in the repair and troubleshooting of a variety of electrical, mechanical and/or electronic equipment. Previous slot technician work experience in live casinos preferred.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Adjusts slot machines, video games, coin-handling, card shuffling and all other machines and equipment following manufacturer's specifications, using hand and power tools. Conducts general maintenance and/or service on all machines and equipment. Prepares requisitions for parts, tools, equipment, etc. And forwards to Casino management for approval
- Fills machines with coins and test electrical and coin-handling systems.
- Examines defective machines to determine causes of malfunctions. Adjusts and repairs machines, replacing worn or defective electrical or mechanical parts, using hand tools, such and screwdrivers and pliers
Minimum hiring requirements:
- Formal training in the repair and troubleshooting of a variety of electrical, mechanical and/or electronic equipment
- Proven ability to read safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of tools and equipment and methods and procedures in mechanical drawings
- Proven customer service skills to interact appropriately with guest in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively
- Ability to communicate tactfully with guests, department heads and shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Ability to count paper and coin currency quickly and accurately
- Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to monetary units and compute slot machine percentages
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training