This job is no longer available
The Training Specialist is part of an onboard two trainer team that execute training designed by headquarters. He or she oversees the ship training center, conducts general training courses including but not limited to Hospitality, Company Orientation, Ship Familiarization, Management Training, English as a Second Language (ESL) and serves as a liaison for Crew Welfare concerns.
Some essential functions of the Onboard Training Specialist include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct training for all generally applicable courses, including Company Orientation, Ship Familiarization, New Supervisor/ Manager Training, and Hospitality and Service training programs.
• Utilizes Adult Learning Theory to ensure retention and transfer of learning.
• Learns and conducts training from a facilitator manual and utilizes prepared resources.
• Provides follow-up information to assist coaching and support for management.
• Capable of using a laptop computer, LCD projector, and actual models or objects in order to conduct training and troubleshoot technical issues or seek technical support in order to deliver training.
• Can create a Power Point presentation.
• Sets optimum schedule for learners while guaranteeing limited impact on ship operations and the needs of the business.
• The equivalent of a 4 year college degree ( US system or equivalent) is required - Training certifications a plus.
Experience & Skills
• At least 2 years of training experience, preferably in a hospitality environment.
• Platform and stand up training experience required.
• Management level experience in providing training preferred.
• Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
• Responsible for all related record keeping.
• Must have fluent knowledge in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and especially PowerPoint.
• Must be able to adapt to confined and sometimes limited living conditions for extended periods of time. In addition must be flexible in terms of last minute changes in itineraries, activities and events.
• If selected, must supply a demo reel of presentation and instructional skill platform.