This job is no longer available
QualificationsJob Summary: Provide healthy and sanitary living conditions for all aquatic animals, through routine maintenance of the exhibits. Leads and coaches the Scuba Diver team and performs other management duties. Play a supportive role in marine education and conservation efforts
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make daily observations of exhibits, including input from staff and report any exhibit changes to necessary Management personnel.
- Maintains aquarium exhibits both above, and below the surface of the water. To include the cleaning and maintenance of windows (including buffing), sand, skimmers, grates, walls, reef/ theme structures, and surrounding areas.
- Plans, organizes and instructs Scuba Divers on daily activities with strong emphasis on time management of self and Scuba Divers.
- Rosters & schedules Scuba Divers in accordance to set policies for effective maintenance of exhibits.
- Orders and maintains inventory for replacement parts and cleaning supplies through upkeep of monthly par levels.
- Inspects and assesses the condition of exhibits and equipment, to delegate and/or participate in necessary cleaning & repairs.
- Maintains equipment in a neat orderly manner in designated storage areas
- Maintains personal and company dive logs.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors, coworkers, guests and all other departments in the company
- Shares knowledge with staff for mutual benefit of the department through classroom sessions, lineups, department meetings and one-on-one personal contact
- Plan, manage and organize dive programs that involve staff and guests
- High school diploma or general education diploma.
- 2 years supervisory or management experience
- PADI Dive Master Water Scuba Certification or above.
- Must have an understanding of the principles of servicing and maintaining SCUBA equipment.
- Must possess basic mechanical and plumbing skills
- Must possess basic computer skills, specially Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent health and physical condition. Must demonstrate these skills by successfully passing annual departmental swim test.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethics
- Must be comfortable performing assigned duties in close proximity to all animals in our collection.
- Demonstrates mature responsible behavior in duties. Especially in potentially dangerous situations such as working around some of the valuable and possibly hazardous marine animals.