EMEA Director of Sales & Marketing - InterContinental Mauritius
Full job details
Job: Sales & Marketing
Schedule: Full Time Fixed Term
At InterContinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 3500 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the world over.
The Director of Sales & Marketing is an integral member of the hotels management team, providing expertise and direction of all aspects of the Sales & Marketing activities in line with the overall business strategy.
The role reports directly to the General Manager.
Oversees and directs all aspects of the Sales and Marketing function. Key responsibilities include:
. Leading and developing the hotel sales and marketing team
. Interacting with the greater IHG estate
. Developing and implementing the sales and marketing plan for the hotel with the primary goal of meeting and exceeding the budget as well as outperforming the competition through superior revenue performance
Drive revenues into the hotel by developing the annual sales and marketing plan with the primary goal of delivering RevPar into the hotel and outperforming the competition.
Critical focus areas:
Achieve revenue targets by:
. Preparing the sales and marketing strategies and lead the sales teams in the hotel to deliver with the primary goal of achieving the hotel plans and drive RevPar growth YOY.
. Aligning the hotel sales plan with IHG's focus areas and EMEA / MEA priorities and plans
. Maintaining a personal portfolio of key accounts (min 5) and ensure that the sales teams are actively seeking and delivering new accounts
. Gathering, analyzing and effectively using economic, market, industry, and brand data to identify sales opportunities
. Executing tactical marketing activities according to business demands
. Collaborating with revenue team to develop optimal revenue management strategies
. Identifying trends in movement of market, rate, competition to target prospects and the right business mix
. Ensuring that sales processes generate maximum revenue and profit
. Setting and achieving aggressive sales goals to improve market share
. Ensuring self and the sales team are constantly seeking new business opportunities
. Directing sales activities, measuring progress, and adjusting plans to retain and drive new business
. Prioritising and mobilizing the right resources to execute sales and hotel strategies
. Keeping others informed of and focused on high priority sales strategies, goals, and opportunities
. Leveraging the greater IHG organization including Divisional office and the Global Sales network
. Championing best use of IHG tools and resources, including but not limited to;
. Meeting Broker
. RFP process
. Booking tools
. EMEA Sales blitzes
. IC meetings tools including e-proposal
. Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key partners, including international wholesale partners, international meetings organizers, local destination management companies, third party intermediaries (TPI's - Expedia etc.)
. Representing the hotel at tradeshows and key client events in line with approved IHG tradeshow policy.
. Participating in relevant internal meetings including:
. Daily hotel briefing
. Weekly revenue room
. Monthly HOD meetings
. Monthly expenses meeting
. Monthly credit review
. Trading reviews
. Proactively developing new sales processes to meet future demands
. Actively seeking out and implementing new approaches, ideas and best practices
Achieve profit targets by:
. Developing and managing sales budgets, expenses, flow through and recover
Do you have what it takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of personal and professional opportunities exist.
DOSM with minimum 3-5 years experience with proven results in an upscale resort property. International expertise and resort experience is a key requirement for this role. Candidate must have a strong understanding of wholesale driven markets and the tactical activities required to deliver results.
Director of sales and marketing must demonstrate the following:
- developing successful sales, marketing and PR strategies to position the hotel locally and internationally with the aim of outperforming the competition and delivering exceptional results
- is a strong leader capable of leading and developing people by hiring the right team, encouraging input, creating a positive sales environment and managing performance to achieve sales goals
- is results driven setting and achieving aggressive sales goals by constantly seeking new business opportunities, directing sales activities and measuring progress adjusting plans as required.
- thinks ahead by establishing appropriate sales strategies balancing short term priorities with long term goals, identifying and capitalising on opportunities to retain business and increase market share
- is customer focussed developing strong relationships with key and potential new accounts
- maximises revenues by managing the sales budget, ensuring the sales processes generate maximum revenue and profit, understanding distribution channels, yield management and key revenue metrics and has a proven ability to exceed revenue / profit targets
- must be able to develop marketing and PR campaigns to position the hotel both locally and internationally.
- must communicate openly and persuasively with internal and external stakeholders speaking and writing in an open, direct confident and persuasive manner.
Individual must strive for constant improvements, seek knowledge on different aspects of the internal and external marketplace, think about the future and create effective ways to maximise market opportunities.