Executive Sous Chef
Full job details
Hotel Overview: A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Ten contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
Living & Working at The Fairmont Dubai: Satisfying our Guests is important to us, and we extend these values to our colleagues as well. We offer competitive salaries, top market service charge, gratuities, quality medical benefits and furnished accommodation. As well, there are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates! Living in Dubai may be the exciting adventure you are seeking. For more info about living in Dubai we suggest to check out the following websites:
Ahlan Wa Sahlan, Welcome to Dubai!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, Kitchen, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Manage all Kitchens in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Create all food menus with the guidance of the Executive Chef
- Complete daily market lists to ensure quality food ordering while maintaining budgeted costs
- Meet with Storekeepers to ensure quality & par levels are maintained
- Interact closely with the Catering department to assist in function menu co-ordination and meet with clients as required
- Conduct daily shift briefings with all Sous Chefs
- Ensure all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
- Liaise daily with Outlet Managers and Sous Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in the culinary field required
- Journeyman's papers or international equivalent required
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipments, labour and wastage to meet the goals and the hotel's financial goals
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts-and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities-throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific-as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!